PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• Kuffs1978
    Kuffs1978 Posts: 100 Forumite
    robbyc83 wrote: »
    Hi Community,

My names Rob and i'm new to MSE.com........,

Hi Rob,

Just wanted to also welcome you as a relative rookie myself in the MSE stakes. There are some fantastic people on here, very forthcoming with their sources of postivity, info and support. The issues we all appear to be addressing can be a long slog at the best of times, so at the very least I hope you get as much out of being on here as I have, and it proves to be successful. :)
  • klflosser
    klflosser Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Having got a refusal letter from M&S last Thursday I emailed back complaining and have today received a letter upholding my complaint on my credit card (but not on the storecard) They are refunding all my premium of PPI plus interest - £728.22.
    The said they were not regulated when I took the store card but my point was that the cc was a new contract and they were regulated then.
    Certainly better than nothing. Pleased with that outcome.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    janeymal wrote: »
    Still awaiting a decision from RBS from last October. I had the standard letter telling me to expect a reply by 31st August but in my opinion they're taking the p##s so I have just emailed the CEO demanding a definitive timescale....I'm fed up of it all now and want my money back :-)

Hiya

Hope you hear sooner, and understand the FSA have given extra time to banks to deal with the backlog, fingers crossed.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Hi i got a letter back from Cap 1 so say they wont be upholding my complaint as i had ticked the box requesting ppi, on the application form all the ticks on the form are mine except the one requesting ppi as its not consistant with all the other ticks on the form. So sent a complaint to the ombudsman. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to give me a decision. Thankyou in advance x

Hello there

Cap one are awful and lots have had a bad time with them.
    I understand you have now made the complaint to the FOS, but was that the final decision letter from Cap one?
    Sometimes they give the opportunity to write further, but otherwise you have done the right thing anyway by moving on to the FOS.

Unfortunately it can take some time, and longer now due to the backlog, the longest of the waiting time on my own experience is the waiting to be passed on to the adjudicator, although within a week or 2 you should receive a confirmation letter that they received your complaint, and they should give details of the timescale on their letter.
    So basically anything from 6 months to 18 months it stands at present, but they will try to resolve sooner if they can.

Good luck.;)
  • di3004
    klflosser wrote: »
    Having got a refusal letter from M&S last Thursday I emailed back complaining and have today received a letter upholding my complaint on my credit card (but not on the storecard) They are refunding all my premium of PPI plus interest - £728.22.
    The said they were not regulated when I took the store card but my point was that the cc was a new contract and they were regulated then.
    Certainly better than nothing. Pleased with that outcome.

Well done to you :T:j & Congratulations!:beer:
  • gary_909
    gary_909 Posts: 18 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Gary found this for Citi, it also covers Egg, its the CEO addy.;)
    [EMAIL="bert.pijls@citi.com"]bert.pijls@citi.com[/EMAIL]

Emailed on Saturday low and behold got a phone call this morning saying they apoligise for the delay since November and that they are just sorting my refund out and should have it in 14 days they are going to ring me back this afternoon with the exact figure thanks alot Di u a complete star:T will let you know the amount when I find out anyone else with problems with citifinancial just email the ceo and things will move fast!!!
  • di3004
    gary_909 wrote: »
    Emailed on Saturday low and behold got a phone call this morning saying they apoligise for the delay since November and that they are just sorting my refund out and should have it in 14 days they are going to ring me back this afternoon with the exact figure thanks alot Di u a complete star:T will let you know the amount when I find out anyone else with problems with citifinancial just email the ceo and things will move fast!!!

Gary that is fab!:T:j great news, Congratulations!:beer:
    And your very welcome, only glad to help.:A
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    gary_909 wrote: »

I have a picture in my head of the CEO's mail server going down
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • janeymal wrote: »
    Still awaiting a decision from RBS from last October. I had the standard letter telling me to expect a reply by 31st August but in my opinion they're taking the p##s so I have just emailed the CEO demanding a definitive timescale....I'm fed up of it all now and want my money back :-)

Hi, yeah I am in the same boat have two claims with RBS which they have had since last August :mad:. I have had the standard "31st August" letter too. Can you please let me have the CEO's email address. Thanks and good luck with your claim.
  • mandy1cat
    mandy1cat Posts: 89 Forumite
    janeymal wrote: »

I too am awaiting the light at the end of the RBS tunnel. Why don't they communicate with their customers? They can send a letter quick enough if they are chasing you for money and then charge you for it! They really do take the pee :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback