The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Waiting on a Natwest HTB Mortgage Offer

The valuation was carried out on Tuesday, they received the information yesterday and were assessing it then.

Hopefully we get a result today, waiting is absolutely exhausting! And my Mortgage Advisor from Natwest is very busy so it's difficult to get answers from her at times.

Has anyone else had a long wait with Natwest?

Comments

• You may have long waits for surveys to be done as its summer holiday season. Less surveyors around to pick up the work so booking times are getting pushed back .
    Natwest themselves are working on next day work for most of my cases at the moment
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,686
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    We've had issues with L&G Surveyors reporting they have returned the report to NatWest and to leave it at least 48 hours and when we've done that, NatWest then tell us they didn't have the report at all as there's an issue with L&G.

Last one of these, we were told by L&G the valuation was back at NatWest on 5 July, so we (accidentally) left it until 11 July to chase it up to be told they didn't have it after all, so it was eventually offered 15 July.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • blathers
    blathers Posts: 14 Forumite
    kingstreet wrote: »
    We've had issues with L&G Surveyors reporting they have returned the report to NatWest and to leave it at least 48 hours and when we've done that, NatWest then tell us they didn't have the report at all as there's an issue with L&G.

Last one of these, we were told by L&G the valuation was back at NatWest on 5 July, so we (accidentally) left it until 11 July to chase it up to be told they didn't have it after all, so it was eventually offered 15 July.

That sounds fun... not!

The valuation was complete on the 16th, it has been 3 days and I was informed they were assessing it on the 17th so obviously I'm getting impatient. I find the online tracker absolutely useless, as, really, you'd only provide something like it is the process was going to be EASY and vaguely FAST.

Everyday I log into it, it's the same information again and again.

I'll just have to continue contacting my Mortgage Advisor.
  • blathers
    It's a month tomorrow since I received my AIP.

My hubby and I are waiting for a response for the valuation, our entire application was placed on hold for 48 hours which I don't understand.

I'm just really getting frustrated, it's all I ever think about at the moment.

I really hope Monday will bring good news.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,412
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    On hold? Do you mean sent to the audit team? If so, it is standard practice for a number of cases as part of internal quality checks. Cases checked are selected at random. Nothing to worry about.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • heston2014
    heston2014 Posts: 208
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kingstreet wrote: »

That's concerning, we had L&G valuation carried out yesterday and told to wait 48 hrs! :eek:
  • blathers
    Update:

We've since received our offer and everything was fine and dandy, then received our offer to exchange from Help to Buy (incredibly quickly, might I add!) and then we needed the valuer to confirm the lease terms considering ground rend is reassessed every 21 years.

It's taken 2 days now - Natwest are an incredibly slow bank and every phone call, although quick, is laborious as I'm always told it had to go to such and such department and then go through such and such person.

I wish I could just have a clear open channel of communication so my solicitor can get what they want.

Either way, all looking good. Tomorrow should be the day we can look at exchanging, finally!
  • blathers
    heston2014 wrote: »
    That's concerning, we had L&G valuation carried out yesterday and told to wait 48 hrs! :eek:

How did it go?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport