Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• There online quote system was a bit odd. I know my current fixed deal with my current supplier based on my EAC is £99 per month. They claimed a switch to their best fixed deal was £66 per month but saves me £56 per year! Something wrong with the maths or do they try and quote a low DD figure to get you in?
  • Well it isn't looking too good with my switch either :(

Been corresponding with them by SMS as wanted to change the date of my DD ... which they happily changed for me.

When I asked if my scheduled switch was still happening tomorrow (as per the welcome pack), the response was less than positive.

Apparently (despite my emailed welcome pack showing the correct serial numbers and address) they have initiated the switch at the wrong address ?? Don't ask me how ..

Since the welcome email / pack I've had no correspondence from them all, and funnily enough noting from British Gas either regarding my departure from them.

Just great :(
  • Been trying for 2 days to switch using their online service. I complete everything, and when I click on the "Switch me" button, absolutely nothing happens. I've tried different web browsers, but always the same problem.
    Reading the other reviews and from my experience, this seems to be a rather amateur setup, and I'll probably take my business elsewhere.
  • Well I have given them my initial reading, Sainsbury's energy has shut my account at their end, so looking forward to a cheap 12m electric! ����
  • blanik
    blanik Posts: 121
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 26 August 2017 at 5:19PM
    Website went through to the end, then came up with an error code. Phoned and switched there - he asked what the website offered - and then confirmed Fixed Smart Special was at 0p standing, 11.71p per KWH.

Offered a smart meter - I already have one ( we'll see if it keeps working!).

Received the welcome pack by e-mail.

Only slightly naughty thing is that the DD is taken 2 days after the start of the supply - so I'm paying in advance. But at that price I'm not complaining.
  • So far not the greatest Experience.

MSE showed me I would make a saving good enough for me so looking online and filled in all my details and it showing me total cost £19 pound a month. WOW i thought clicked switch me then got my pack and it put as electric only and pre pay and not DD.

So called them up and my price doubled right there. There call centre staff did what he could but I don't feel I saved a great deal not compared to MSE quoted me. I have emailed them and asked them to double check i am on the cheapest tariff.

We shall see if not I will switch again.

I am concerned about the smart meters if you google smart meter doubled my price I saw an new piece in the paper due to dimmer switches.

I have a dimmer switch so i will maybe not have a smart meter until I know it works
  • Charismac
    Charismac Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2017 at 9:32PM
    It's a bit bizarre how many of you have had incorrect meter serial numbers isn't it?

Well I'm going to forge ahead and give it a go. I was with GB Energy and am trying to find something as close as possible to the 9.87p/kWh I've been paying until now.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I've clicked 'switch me' and still not actually been given a kWh price just a figure that I would save with them. However, there are no exit fees or anything so I figure if it all goes wrong I'll switch back out!

Addition: Have just read the T&Cs and if I complete the next page I will authorise the switch so will call them to get rates first.
  • blanik
    blanik Posts: 121
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Charismac wrote: »

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I've clicked 'switch me' and still not actually been given a kWh price just a figure that I would save with them....... so will call them to get rates first.

As a test I picked 'I don't know' as my current supplier, and put in 1000KWH usage and it still came out with the 'Fixed Smart Special' and a £87.10 cost. Previously I had been told this web quote includes a £30 loyalty discount ( The T&C say £20! paid after 12m ), so that gives a pre-discount cost of £117.10 so it still looks like the rate is 11.71p with 0p standing charge.

This is the totally weird thing about the site that they don't display the unit price, I can only presume they are trying to make it look simple, and as a result are alienating people. ( Hope someone from their site is reading this ).
  • Last night, I tried to switch to Eversmart Energy online but it does not work and comes up with an unbelievably cheap price (no standing charge included), so I telephoned this morning before 9.00 am and had to wait a few minutes for a response. I was told that the website is still under construction and provides distorted quotes. The quote I was given on the telephone was more or less exactly the price given on CEC, so I have agreed to switch as it is a significant saving on what I am currently paying. We will see how it goes in the next few weeks. I have opted for paper bills as I was told there was no difference in price.
  • I phoned them this morning and was offered 11.71 per kWh but with a daily standing charge. I mentioned that I thought there was a rate with no standing charge and was offered the 11.71 kWh with no standing charge! Apparently that deal is coming to an end. I've gone with it and the switch is planned for 19 Sept.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure