Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• nattybuk
    nattybuk Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LawAbiding wrote: »
    Congratulations! Which company did you go with?

We had to go with Aldermore due to my partners poor credit, hopefully it will only be short term before remortgaging once her credit improves.
  • Ginga16
    Ginga16 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Starting to panic now our application is in 😬😬😬Having to go with Precise due to DMP which will be fully paid on completion. Anyone got any experiences and timescales for us to expect. We accepted an offer on our current property and had our offer accepted during the week so it all comes down to this application.
  • Ginga16
    PRECISE MORTGAGES Quick update......
    DIP - 27.06.19
    Offer accepted on our current and new home - 10.07.19
    Full application - 11.07.19
    Credit checked and valuation payment - 11.07.19
    Request for further info - 16.07.19
    ,•Signed declaration
    •Landline?
    •Copy of Home Report for possible re-type of valuation.
    •Is DMP in joint names?
    •Solicitor offer to show equity to pay for deposit and clear DMP on completion
    Statement of DMP showing reference and previous 12 months payments made on time (provides 5yrs worth) as DMP has been running since 2014 with only 1 year left but this will be cleared from funds of house sale.

Broker said I should hear back in a couple of days. The wait is killing me - anyone been in similar situation and had mortgage offer after providing all the info?
    ��
  • heston2014
    heston2014 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Rejoining this thread as the wait is also killing me! lol

Awaiting Let to Buy mortgage update.. so far timelines are:
    28/06 - AIP for both LTB and onward purchase obtained from broker
    01/07 - sent through all the required documentation to broker
    03/07 - application submitted
    08/07 - hard searched twice appeared in credit file
    10/07 - application and valuation fee taken

No idea what stage our application is at but apparently, should have an update tomorrow as from payment stage - up to 5 days with the underwriter.

One more sleep, make or break situation! Unfortunately, we went through the same process last year with another lender that pulled out at last minute . Fingers crossed this time would be different as we have crossed all our T's and dotted all the I's to make sure before we submitted our application that the issues were flagged with the lender by our broker.
  • Ginga16
    I know exactly how you feel - I'm driving myself crazy with worry. Our broker says we should have update on Thursday. I'll have no nails left by then 🤣
    Keep looking at new stuff for our new home then think it might all come crashing down 😬
  • heston2014
    edited 20 July 2019 at 8:16AM
    heston2014 wrote: »
    Rejoining this thread as the wait is also killing me! lol

Awaiting Let to Buy mortgage update.. so far timelines are:
    28/06 - AIP for both LTB and onward purchase obtained from broker
    01/07 - sent through all the required documentation to broker
    03/07 - application submitted
    08/07 - hard searched twice appeared in credit file
    10/07 - application and valuation fee taken

No idea what stage our application is at but apparently, should have an update tomorrow as from payment stage - up to 5 days with the underwriter.

One more sleep, make or break situation! Unfortunately, we went through the same process last year with another lender that pulled out at last minute . Fingers crossed this time would be different as we have crossed all our T's and dotted all the I's to make sure before we submitted our application that the issues were flagged with the lender by our broker.

16/07 Just had an email from our broker with a query from the lender, still no clarity as to what stage we're at as it says "need this info for our lending decision". So I'm guessing, once the underwriter is ok with the info, valuation next? or perhaps valuation has somewhat taken place (desktop / drive by) and decision next???

Who knows! I feel bad for our broker as I keep pestering him and he's been so patient with us. Just have to hope for the best and wait until tomorrow. :(
  • excelwizard
    excelwizard Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 20 July 2019 at 11:56AM
    Mortgage offer received today from HSBC so I've officially moved over to the waiting to exchange thread, good luck all with the application process.

Timeline - application sent via broker 12/07, valuation 18/07 and mortgage offer received 19/07. I think the only reason ours has been so quick has been because we've used a broker - he's been an absolute lifesaver and I don't know what we would have done without him and his team..
    Save 12K 2019 #37 - £3,512.97 / £6,000 (July)
    [STRIKE]Save 12K 2018 #113 £7,755.49 / £7,500 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Save £12k 2017 #186 £8,507.30 / £10,000[/STRIKE]
  • Sammy_J
    Sammy_J Posts: 71 Forumite
    Hi all,

I'm new to this thread having had our offer accepted on our first home late on Tuesday afternoon.

We'd previously been in contact with L&C who issued us with a decision in principle certificate but once our offer was accepted we decided instead to get in touch with a mortgage broker that other family members have used. She was fantastic and by the following morning we had emailed over all the paperwork needed. We're now playing the waiting game...

Our broker is due to come back to us either tomorrow or Monday, having reviewed all our documentation, with some mortgage options. She wants to then submit everything to obtain an agreement in principle (apparently the certificate from L&C is just their expert opinion rather than from any particular lender), followed by the application for real.

I believe all our financials should stack up well but still can't help feeling nervous about whether we'll be accepted.

So, looking forward to joining you all as we go through this process. It already feels like agony so hate knowing that this is just the beginning!
  • heston2014
    heston2014 wrote: »
    16/07 Just had an email from our broker with a query from the lender, still no clarity as to what stage we're at as it says "need this info for our lending decision". So I'm guessing, once the underwriter is ok with the info, valuation next? or perhaps valuation has somewhat taken place (desktop / drive by) and decision next???

Who knows! I feel bad for our broker as I keep pestering him and he's been so patient with us. Just have to hope for the best and wait until tomorrow. :(

18/07 More info requested regarding charges section of our title doc and outstanding debts. In final checks stage before valuation, hoping we're in the clear soon. Everything's crossed for next week. :eek:
  • Ginga16
    Update from Precise yesterday. They're happy with all the the documents so far and have instructed valuation. Praying the end is in sight.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback