The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Today I am going to the town centre to meet my tour party before I take them out tomorrow. Then I will try to do some walking providing the weather is not too bad. I do like walking by the sea. Fingers crossed.

Im going to buy a weekly bus ticket and try to use it as much as possible. All is well I hope I can avoid spending too much if possible.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Yay on the free £100 from the bank!!

And I know exactly what you mean about eating junk - I can do so well for several days then my husband waves a tub of icecream under my nose, like last night, and all my willpower evaporates! I sometimes think the only way for me to actually eat healthily full-time would be to live on my own as a hermit so there's no one to bring junk food into the house and no shops around when I want some...

Hope the tour goes well, and enjoy the seaside walk!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • savingwannabe
    Hello pinknsparkly, I had a nice walk of 7000 steps and paid £25 for a weekly ticket. It looks as if Brexit has really hit the summer school I work for. They have v few students visiting and I will have work on Saturdays only during the holiday.

I can offer to do summer work at another language school but am still deciding whether I will bother.

If I just stay here this will give me time to keep fit, tidy up, garden, do work and chill so I don't mind so much. I will save whatever I earn though and keep it for a rainy day. :j

We are expecting lots of rain tonight and thunder and lightning which is rather exciting.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi SW well done on all the walking and £100 bank bonus ! I hope the weather is better for your trip tomorrow. Shame about the drop in numbers.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Bless you Skinty!

To be honest I don't mind as it means I can chill for the holiday. I wondered to the City Centre today after work and looked in the shops and thought to myself why did I previously waste my money on this?!!!! lol. :rotfl::rotfl:

It is looking distinctly stormy here.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 20 July 2019 at 8:49PM
    18000 steps later I have returned from a tour of Southampton. Money spent 0 - hurrah. The students were lovely I was not impressed with my accompanying guide who was about 10 and was so arrogant. Still its another 70 quid earned. Kerrching.:j:T:beer:

I am visiting the boys for the next few days as the summer job don't need me till the weekend. I plan to return on Tuesday from the New Forest and will start selling things that I have not bothered to list yet as part of the decluttering regime.
  • savingwannabe
    Just arrived home. Total cost of visit was £61. It was great and I did get to help Andy's mum. It is v warm. I have put the fan on and I am going to rest for the remainder of the day.
  • savingwannabe
    It is going to be 28 degrees today and there may be storms from 3pm so i am going to wash as many clothes as possible beforehand. I would like to tidy up a bit and do some decluttering of my kitchen cupboard and research the trip to Winchester that i am doing on Saturday.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 26 July 2019 at 6:52PM
    I have a few things to sell on fleabay (perfume, diary) but am waiting for a good offer for sellers.

Today I sorted out two of my kitchen cupboards. I also wrote my Winchester tour. I do hope I can remember it!!!! I am leaving early tomorrow and plan to be back at the house by 8pm. Then I am spending a few days in Lymington.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 27 July 2019 at 9:24PM
    Winchester was amazing. I loved it so much to see and do and the students were great. I walked 20,000 steps so hope I have lost some weight.

We may be going to Stonehenge next week. I do hope so. I love the summer holidays.
    • Things to do on Sunday:
    • water greenhouse
    • check house insurance
    • pack bags for New Forest
    • write Salisbury guided tour
    • send in photos of yesterday's tour
    • mow grass
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing