My Journey To Early Retirement

Options

Comments

• EarlyRetirement
    Options
    Today has been a NSD.

Later finishing work today, so will be looking to take the time back next week. Nice few eBay sales today, will try and list some more items later.

Change of plan for dinner this evening, Mr ER has been in the greenhouse and the amount of tomatoes we have is incredible. So we will be having grilled bacon and grilled tomatoes later. :)

Put a wash on when I came home and the washing machine is not soundling too good, job for Mr ER tomorrow, hope it is fixable. :(

So pleaseed its the weekend, my batteries really need charging.
  • EarlyRetirement
    EarlyRetirement Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2018 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Been a busy day, up early and Mr ER fixed the washing machine :T and it no longer sounds as if it's about to take off. We also took apart our corner suite and clean behind and underneath, I can not believe how much dirt was there :eek:, Its now on the calendar to take apart and clean at the beginning of October.

Paid 0.14p to Barclaycard, credit interest from one of my bank accounts. Every little helps. :)

Today has been a spend day, £20.00 on petrol, grocery shopping cost £35.00 we went armed with a list and a meal plan, we will have to buy a loaf of bread in the week. Also spend £4.00 on stock for my business, picked up some nice bits that will sell well at Christmas. Beginning of September I will start listing my Christmas stock.

This afternoon I have loaded my car ready for the car boot in the morning. Sat in the sun for a while, had to come back in as I found it too hot, so sat in the coolest of my rooms and caught up with this weeks soaps.
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    Today has been a NSD.

Made £48.00 at the car boot, £7.00 of that went to pay for the pitch, so there is £41.00 towards our holiday spending next month.

Paid another £4.00 to Barclaycard thanks to a mystery shopping app I down loaded yesterday. They ask you to do missions, I completed one yesterday that I did not think would be approved and it was, they paid me £3.00 put a £1.00 from a referral code I used. So I am well pleased. :)

This afternoon I have sorted of the shed and found more for next weeks car boot and make cake for Mr ER as we did not buy any yesterday when we did our shopping.
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great focus here! Hoping you are feeling positive and determined.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    pidge04 wrote: »
    Great focus here! Hoping you are feeling positive and determined.

pidge04 I am feeling very positive and determined. Just sitting down to list a few items I photographed earlier.
  • raldo
    raldo Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just read your diary you sound very focused well done... could be doing with MrER to fix my washing machine lol

Selling stuff is so addictive I used to make loads on eBay I think I may need to look into starting that up again and I love car boot sales

Look forward to reading your next update xx
    Trust Deed Protected 1 out of 48 payments made 47 months to go!
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    raldo wrote: »
    Just read your diary you sound very focused well done... could be doing with MrER to fix my washing machine lol

Selling stuff is so addictive I used to make loads on eBay I think I may need to look into starting that up again and I love car boot sales

Look forward to reading your next update xx

You should start ebaying again,maybe look into starting a business.
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    Another payment made to Barclaycard £5.01 that was in my Quidco account, found it when I bought travel insurance.

Been on a course with work today, paid £5.00 to park my car which I will claim back on Wednesday also on the course tomorrow. Took my own lunch and a piece of cake to have with a cup of tea at breaktime. Will be an early night for me as they want to start early in the morning to have an early finish.

Mr ER has had a day off today and made a start stripping paint of the banister in the hall, it will look lovely when its done, going to be a slow job thou and dusty.
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    Another £5.00 to claim back tomorrow for parking due to my work course. Home slightly earlier this afternoon, even though we had an early start. Took lunch and cake as a snack, so no spend there for me today.

Telephone call from my DS on the way home, his is on holiday in Greece and is due home tonight however his flight has been cancelled so is hoping to fly home tomorrow, he is not the most patient at waiting, there will be put in a hotel for the night.

I have packed some parcels that sold over night and today,will take to the parcel shop on my way to work in the morning.

Just missed out on a mystery shop in town that would have earned £8.00, need to check my app more often. Also just completed 2 surveys with Populuslive for £4.00, forgot I had registered with them as I have had nothing off them for a while, so just logged in to my acoount and I have 20 points with the surveys I completed today. Will be looking out for more surveys another 30 points to a pay out.

Dinner this evening is soup and bread rolls from the freezer, Menu plan is working well. :)
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    Very busy day in work today, catching up on the last four days I have not been in and I had my tutor in today until 2pm for a management course I am doing through work. Got a lot of work signed off so I am happy. :)

Today was a NSD. :)

Posted all my parcels on the way to work, wanted to call into the Credit Union to bank my car boot money but did not get time, will do this tomorrow.

I have promised some veg to a work colleague tomorrow so I need to go and pick some from the greenhouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure