Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    School run done. Yuk what a miserable morning!
    Printing out Housing Benefits claim form as looks like I am going to have to claim it after all.
    Tax Credit adjustments have gone in today so I received a second payment of £17.56 this morning. Every penny counts.
    I presume that I will eventually receive the calculations in the post.

Tomorrow Biggest is going to finish the stock take and then I can get my year end accounts finished and off to the Accountant to be verified. I am not waiting until October or January as I need them for the housing claim and the Tax Credits for last year.
    If I am entitled to it then I will have to admit that I need it, as I didn't do as well as I would have liked.
    I have 17 months left of my lease, so I would love to see it turn around and have something tangible to show for it at the end of it all.
    I still plan to work from home afterwards. It will be better after the overheads and pressure of the shop have finished.
    Meanwhile I have masses to do to get out of overdraft and back on track to clear debts etc.
    I may have to adjust as I go along, I may not have the things in place I had hoped to by now. But it is a work in progress.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Mums jobs done, bed changed, Blind mended and rehung. She wanted a trip to Northampton today so we went to the millshop for fabrics for her bags, and I picked up some £1 pieces for waistcoats. Then to Lidl for a nosey, she got a solar battery charger for France and I got a hedge trimmer. Then we had lunch in Dunelm and bought a few bits and pieces in there. Including a dressing gown that matches a bedspread I got in the charity shop last year.
    Then back in time for the School pickup.
    I am having a cup of tea and then I am going to see about the pattern for this new fabric for the artist.
    My mate wants to go to the pub for tea for her son's birthday today. I am just waiting for confirmation.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your tea :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I survived the day. No tears. No communication with BF.
    But I am shattered.
    I cut out a skirt. Pinned out a tunic top but decided I had enough. I am not going to do anything more this evening.
    I will be busy tomorrow as work is full on. So when at work things will be easier.
    He would normally be here by now, so I will just have to distract myself with projects.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    YOu will get there.
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well I was unhappy before Tuesday so it's no great surprise that I am still unhappy today. I am saddened that things ended the way they did, but not surprised, and I know that it will take time for me to adapt to a change in habits, and I will have to try to find my own happiness again. Please bring sunshine as that always helps me.
    I am still hankering after a quick week away in my favourite place but if I juggle my money for that, then I will end up pushing my final debt free dates further back, and that won't help my dreams. But I am so tempted to take Dgd at half term!
    Right meanwhile I have work to do. I am drinking my tea, then it's time to wake Dgd and into our morning routine. Biggest is due to come to work today, but then we only have two days next week and she finishes and I will have to absorb her job into my work schedule too. So I don't have time to mope about. I have a busy time ahead.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo - you should weigh up the pros and cons of going away for half-term - what you would have to pay in terms of holiday club for dgd and what you would earn in the shop against the re-charging of batteries and putting a final closure date on The Past (!) There would also be the stress of organising cover in the shop/the rushing around before and after the break. But would it be worth it? Could well be so.
  • markdebby
    markdebby Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    I think as above post. If it can be all arranged going away might put your mojo back. You will have a nice holiday companion and not have to worry if BF is enjoying the holiday or not.
    See if you can go for it.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 May 2018 at 11:47AM
    Options
    Mooloo
    I am prepared for my post not to be popular but as usual it is my opinion and you know you can take it or leave it, I will just throw it in.

I think you have a tendency (like many of us) to think a holiday will cure all ills. I am not sure but I believe you were away at Christmas, away on holiday at February half term and away again at Easter. None of these breaks resolved your issues and you came home more disheartened, poorer and with additional work to do.

I believe that you should work your way through these issues, you cannot run to the hills every time the going gets tough. You are in your overdraft and frankly and honestly you cannot afford a holiday at this time and sometimes we just have to accept that. It is OK for others to say go and enjoy yourself they are not coming back to the debt and a good mantra in life is to have the funds available before you book something.

So, thats my opinion only, I do not post often but do post when I hope you will think things through. I wish you good luck but do not think you should be heading off on holiday.
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think i agree with Ognum, but its always up to you. I hope things improve, its been hard for you lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure