IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Park Watch Antelope Park Southampton

Comments

• betman
    betman Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2018 at 7:36PM
    4. No evidence of Landowner Authority - the operator is put to strict proof of full compliance with the BPA Code of Practice. No standing or authority to pursue charges nor form contracts with drivers.

As this operator does not have proprietary interest in the land then I require that they produce an unredacted copy of the contract with the landowner.

The contract and any 'site agreement' or 'User Manual' setting out details - such as any 'genuine customer' or 'genuine resident' exemptions or any site occupier's 'right of veto' charge cancellation rights, and of course all enforcement dates/times/days, and the boundary of the site - is key evidence to define what this operator is authorised to do, and when/where.

It cannot be assumed, just because an agent is contracted to merely put some signs up and issue Parking Charge Notices, that the agent is authorised on the material date, to make contracts with all or any category of visiting drivers and/or to enforce the charge in court in their own name (legal action regarding land use disputes generally being a matter for a landowner only).

Witness statements are not sound evidence of the above, often being pre-signed, generic documents not even identifying the case in hand or even the site rules. A witness statement might in some cases be accepted by POPLA but in this case I suggest it is unlikely to sufficiently evidence the definition of the services provided by each party to the agreement.

Nor would it define vital information such as charging days/times, any exemption clauses, grace periods (which I believe may be longer than the bare minimum times set out in the BPA CoP) and basic but crucial information such as the site boundary and any bays where enforcement applies/does not apply.

Not forgetting evidence of the only restrictions which the landowner has authorised can give rise to a charge, as well as the date that the parking contract began, and when it runs to, or whether it runs in perpetuity, and of course, who the signatories are: name/job title/employer company, and whether they are authorised by the landowner to sign a binding legal agreement.

Paragraph 7 of the BPA CoP defines the mandatory requirements and I put this operator to strict proof of full compliance:

7.2 If the operator wishes to take legal action on any outstanding parking charges, they must ensure that they have the written authority of the landowner (or their appointed agent) prior to legal action being taken.

7.3 The written authorisation must also set out:
    a the definition of the land on which you may operate, so that the boundaries of the land can be clearly defined

b any conditions or restrictions on parking control and enforcement operations, including any restrictions on hours of operation

c any conditions or restrictions on the types of vehicles that may, or may not, be subject to parking control and enforcement

d who has the responsibility for putting up and maintaining signs

e the definition of the services provided by each party to the agreement

5. This Notice to Keeper (NTK) is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA) due to the dates. Under schedule 4, paragraph 4 of the POFA, an operator can only establish the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of a vehicle if certain conditions must be met as stated in paragraphs 5, 6, 11 & 12.

This operator has not fulfilled the 'second condition' for keeper liability as defined in Schedule 4 and as a result, they have no lawful authority to pursue any parking charge from myself, as a registered keeper appellant.

There is no discretion on this matter. If Schedule 4 mandatory documents are not served at all, or in time (or if the document omits any prescribed wording) then keeper liability simply does not apply.

Park Watch have failed to fulfill the conditions which state that the keeper must be served with a compliant NTK in accordance with paragraph 9, which stipulates a mandatory timeline and wording:-

!!!8217;!!!8217;The notice must be given by!!!8212;

(a) handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b) sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.!!!8217;!!!8217;

The applicable section here is (b) because the NTK was delivered by post.

Furthermore,
    paragraph 9(5) states:

!!!8217;!!!8217;The relevant period...
    is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended!!!8217;!!!8217;

The NTK sent to myself as Registered Keeper arrived and was delivered into my letterbox some 17 days after the alleged incident .
    xxxxxxx alleged infringement. xxxxx Notice Issue date. Received xxxxxx. Read by myself at xxxx

The alleged infringement occurred on xxxx and from my understanding the NTK was required to reach me by a period of 14 days. It did not.

Therefore failing to comply within the 'relevant period' as required under paragraph 9(4)(b). This means that Park Watch have failed to act in time for keeper liability to apply, therefore, there is no keeper liability possible.

As there has been no admission as to who may have parked the car and no evidence of this person has been produced by the operator, it has been held by POPLA multiple times that a parking charge with no NTK cannot be enforced against the registered keeper.

Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 which applies in England/Wales
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted
  • betman
    PARK WATCH RESPONSE TO APPEAL, REPLY DATED 13th JUNE 2018

Park Watch are themselves are in conflict with what Gavan Street is!!! The PCN refers to it as and states car park, The refusal Email now states service area.

Therefore, as confirmed in the refusal letter this is a service area and that Park Watch state clearly in the original PCN that the signage terms to be complied with are within the car park not the service area.... this is not possible to form the contract as there are no signs of Park Watch or their terms in that location as stated.

Park Watch have stated “Where you have parked your vehicle”. This incriminating accusation is not accurate and cannot be the case as I am the registered keeper and not the driver which had my appeal letter had been read with careful consideration, accuracy and respect this would have been noted and digested as I clearly stated such. They should state .... Where the driver had parked.

My appeal to Park Watch and it's subsequent administration process is flawed also in that it appears to have either remained unread, and/or simply a generic template response was sent out which fails to adequately address all the points and questions raised in my appeal.

Or it is unable to provide answers to these questions put to them due to lack of evidence. Their inadequate response naturally has a negative impact upon my appeal because without their clarification of these points I am unable to provide counter-evidence to dispute or disprove their responses and as such feel that they have failed to provide any evidence to the answer of those questions, and can only presume this is because they are unable to provide evidence and so have instead chosen to ignore these questions.

Furthermore, adding strength to the charge of this being a template reply is the utter disregard of a formal notice request in my letter of appeal being completely ignored for correspondence to be posted.

IN CONCLUSION.

I am more than comfortable and capable to attend legal proceedings at a court of law where I have professional experience of procedures.

I will not be intimidated or harassed and will appoint representation of a solicitor experienced in contractual law. I trust that at this stage with yourselves concerning this PCN and by highlighting previous examples of POPLA decisions and legal court outcomes of the same circumstances that have been upheld and duly cancelled this PCN will also be cancelled having the same merits.

The courts take a dim view of these cases wasting time and Parliament currently recognises this and is acting as soon as possible to introduce new legislation ( Re statement Rishi Sunak MP )

Court proceedings will incur large fees for both parties and I give notice that I shall apply for full costs to be awarded to me for my legal representation, research, time and other related expenses that shall be fully detailed on disputing this but not be limited to.

I reserve the right to refer to this appeal letter and it's contents should this matter proceed to court

I will also advise at this time that should Park Watch transfer my personal details to other agencies such as debt recovery companies this will be taken as misuse of the data obtained from the DVLA and will be reported accordingly to both the DVLA and the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO )

DVLA Statement

The DVLA has issued a statement to the Trade Associations on the matter of Debt Assignment

You will be aware that DVLA has been considering whether to permit private parking companies passing on DVLA vehicle keeper data to third parties as part of the assignment of unpaid alleged private parking charges. The term used in this context to describe this activity is "debt assignment."

The KADOE contract does not provide for the onward disclosure of vehicle keeper data by parking companies for debt assignment, and any proposals to do so require the parking company to seek written authorisation from DVLA. However, following representations from the sector, DVLA agreed to consider its position further.

I can now advise that the Agency has concluded that it will not be changing its position on this matter. As was the case with previous requests from parking companies, DVLA will not allow vehicle keeper data originating from DVLA records to be provided to third parties as part of a debt assignment arrangement.

The Agency will consider disclosure of data obtained from DVLA to third parties as part of a debt assignment arrangement as a breach of contract which could result in suspension.

That is the end of my appeal.

Finally, May I thank you, The Adjudicator for your kind assistance with this matter and trust you to allow the appeal.

Yours faithfully,
    xx xxxxxx
    KEEPER
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I saw a typo, ''Gavin Street'' in one of the posts about this POPLA appeal.

Make sure you embed all your photos into the PDF, so it reads like a story book with pictures in it, not with separate photo uploads for the Assessor to click on.

And I would remove this because I don't think it helps to tell POPLA that there is a barrier separating the area from the Parking Eye area:
    To confirm Gavan Street is NOT a car park just a single lane, no through road with bays and is separate and fenced off by barriers from the car park at a different height. I therefore reasonably consider that the contract the driver would have been entering into is that of three hours as displayed in the car park where it is claimed to form the contract by Park Watch.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • betman
    Thanks for that Coupon Mad. Typo well noticed and I shall remove that. Yes pics will be inserted at normal size. It bumps the total pages to 29. Good point about the barriers again shall remove.

[FONT=Calibri, serif]Questions please:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]1. As I have received in the post the NTK and have unsuccessfully appealed. Do I send to POPLA straight away or is there advantage in delaying please. I have till July 2018 to appeal[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]2. Is there anything I have missed or misquoted etc[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]3. Is there anything I have put that may alienate or harm my appeal[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]4. On the PCN the two colour images of the vehicle are orange date stamped with time and date but not length of time stayed in the permit parking bay. Is this worth mentioning ref 10 minute grace period or can the photographer claim they waited 10 minutes before recording.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Other than that does it look good to you CM,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Many thanks as always ... you are a star !! :T
    [/FONT]
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Looks good to me, but do remove the non-working Signazon and Ebay signage tables links and words around those, they are dud now.

You can mention grace periods if you mean the photos are taken at the same time, not 10 mins apart. And you can submit this appeal straight away, no need to wait.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Finally, May I thank you, The Adjudicator for your kind assistance with this matter
    I wouldn't be obsequious - this is a business letter, and don't forget that the POPLA assessor is paid by the parking companies - so leave it out, it doesn't do you any favours. Firm and businesslike should be the tone - IMHO! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • betman
    I had the opportunity to reply to the evidence from the operator which had old signage not current. This was my reply;

[FONT=Calibri, serif]Para2.Statement UNTRUE. There are NOT 11 enforcement signs. 5 including what they refer as an entrance sign ARE NOT on lighting posts which according to BPA COP should be visible/able to read at all times including at night[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Para3 NOT COMPLIED TO. One Sign is obscured by tree branches. Other by HGV[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Para15 The owner has allowed PEye to also undertake management and enforcement of said site. This breaches PW contract terms.PW has not commented on this as they know it is a conflict of interest as only one enforcement can be in place of the site[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Parking Bays state 38. UNTRUE there are 43. The operator has not shown which 38 bays they are contracted to manage[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]EV3 NTK As stated in appeal although printed as 24/05/ NTK FAILED TO ARRIVE BY 14 DAY DEADLINE. The operator has not disputed this at appeal/evidence stage, therefore operator failed to act in time for NTK liability to apply[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]EV4E Image shown is NOT A SIGN CURRENTLY DISPLAYED AT THE SITE, adjacent to the car or elsewhere. It is date timed falsely at 2018/5/18 10.50. I have images of every sign and NONE have a jubilee clamp ( see bottom left ) Confirmed by my doc 17 showing the nearest sign[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]EV5A - EV5E. All these images are NOT TRUE ACCURATE images of 18/05/18 or later. Bushes have no greenery or leaves. Please compare EV5E to my doc 17 same sign. There is no security sign above, background is different. This is a blatant attempt to mislead POPLA and the appeals process by presenting false signage details [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]EV6A/B Shows Incorrect number of signs & position of signs[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Entrance sign position FALSELY HIGHLIGHTED POSITION. Correct position is tucked away left Ceram tec entrance see my docs6-8[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Operators reply to appeal states if I chose to use POPLA appeals service the PCN will increase to £100. This is a contravention of the BPA Code which requires no undue influence or coercion. PW HAVE NOT COMPLIED with BPA code[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]PW have evaded answering points 2/5/6/7b (crossed out) 8. Ref my appeal letter to them[/FONT]
  • betman
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Unsuccessful[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Assessor Name[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Sophie Taylor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Assessor summary of operator case[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, serif]The operator has issued the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) due to no permit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Assessor summary of your case[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, serif]The appellant has raised numerous grounds of appeal to POPLA, over a 29 page document. For the purpose of this report, which is intended to be a short summary to review and conclude as to whether the appeal is justified, I have summarised the points into brief statements.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] The appellant states that: • The notice to keeper does not comply with the provisions set out in PoFA 2012. He makes specific references to paragraphs 5, 6, 11 and 12. The appellant says he is not liable as he was not the driver. • The operator has no evidence of landowner authority. • The signage is not prominent, clear or legible from all parking spaces. • The signage is misleading or forbidding. The appellant has provided evidence in support of the appeal.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Assessor supporting rational for decision[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, serif]When entering onto a private car park, the motorist forms a contract with the operator by remaining on the land for a reasonable period. The signage at the site sets out the terms and conditions of this contract. Therefore, upon entry to the car park, it is the duty of the motorist to review the terms and conditions, and comply with them, when deciding to park.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]The operator has provided photographic evidence of the signage that states, “Failure to comply with the following terms and conditions may result in a parking charge… a valid permit must be displayed for inspection at all times… £100 Parking Charge”. The operator has provided photographic evidence of the appellant’s vehicle, parked on site, showing it is not displaying a valid permit. As such, the PCN has been issued.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] The appellant states that the notice to keeper does not comply with the provisions set out in PoFA 2012. He makes specific references to paragraphs 5, 6, 11 and 12. The appellant says he is not liable as he was not the driver. In this case, I cannot see that the driver of the vehicle has been identified at any point in the appeals process. As such, the operator is seeking to pursue the appellant, as the registered keeper of the vehicle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] PoFA 2012 sets out provisions for an operator to pursue the registered keeper of a vehicle, where the driver has not been identified. As the operator is seeking to pursue the keeper, I have reviewed the notice against the relevant sections of PoFA, and I am satisfied that the operator has complied with the act. As such, the appellant, as the registered keeper is now liable for the charge.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] The appellant states that they do not believe the operator has the authority to pursue charges or form contracts at this car park. Section 7.1 of the BPA Code of Practice outlines to operators, “If you do not own the land on which you are carrying out parking management, you must have the written authorisation of the landowner (or their appointed agent). The written confirmation must be given before you can start operating on the land in question and give you the authority to carry out all the aspects of car park management for the site that you are responsible for.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] In particular, it must say that the landowner (or their appointed agent) requires you to keep to the Code of Practice and that you have the authority to pursue outstanding parking charges”. In response to this ground of appeal, the operator has provided a license agreement document, confirming that the operator has sufficient authority to pursue charges on the land. Section 22.16B of the BPA Code of Practice advises that POPLA will accept witness statements in place of full landowner agreement contracts.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]The evidence provided in relation to this appeal meets the criteria POPLA requires, and therefore I am satisfied that the operator has sufficient authority at the site on the date of the parking event. The appellant states that the signage is not prominent, clear or legible from all parking spaces, and he says that the signs fail to transparently warn drivers of what the ANPR data will be used for.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]He says that the amount requested is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss. The legality of parking charges has been the subject of a high profile court case, ParkingEye-v-Beavis. Cambridge County Court heard the case initially, handing down a decision in May 2014 that a parking charge of £85 was allowable.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] It held that the parking charge had the characteristics of a penalty, in the sense in which that expression is conventionally used, but one that was commercially justifiable because it was neither improper in its purpose nor manifestly excessive in its amount. Mr Beavis took the case to the Court of Appeal, which refused the appeal in April 2015, stating that the charge was neither extravagant nor unconscionable.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] Mr Beavis further appealed to the Supreme Court, which on 4 November 2015, concluded: “…the £85 charge is not a penalty. Both ParkingEye and the landowners had a legitimate interest in charging overstaying motorists, which extended beyond the recovery of any loss. The interest of the landowners was the provision and efficient management of customer parking for the retail outlets.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] The interest of ParkingEye was in income from the charge, which met the running costs of a legitimate scheme plus a profit margin. Further, the charge was neither extravagant nor unconscionable, having regard to practice around the United Kingdom, and taking into account the use of this particular car park and the clear wording of the notices.” As such, I must consider whether the signage at this site is sufficient. When doing so, I must first consider the minimum standards set out in the British Parking Association Code of Practice.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] Section 18.1 of the British Parking Association Code of Practice states: “You must use signs to make it easy for them to find out what your terms and conditions are”. Section 18.3 continues: “You must place signs containing the specific parking terms throughout the site, so that drivers are given the chance to read them at the time of parking or leaving their vehicle…Signs must be conspicuous and legible, and written in intelligible language, so that they are easy to see, read and understand”.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] In addition to this, I note that within the PoFA 2012 it discusses the clarity that needs to be provided to make a motorist aware of the parking charge. Specifically, it requires that the driver is given “adequate notice” of the charge. PoFA 2012 defines “adequate notice” as follows: “(3) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (2) “adequate notice” means notice given by: (a) the display of one or more notices in accordance with any applicable requirements prescribed in regulations under paragraph 12 for, or for purposes including, the purposes of sub-paragraph (2); or (b) where no such requirements apply, the display of one or more notices which: (i) specify the sum as the charge for unauthorised parking; and (ii) are adequate to bring the charge to the notice of drivers who park vehicles on the relevant land”. Even in circumstances where PoFA 2012 does not apply, I believe this to be a reasonable standard to use when making my own independent assessment of the signage in place at the location.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Having considered the signage in place at this particular site against the requirements of Section 18 of the BPA Code of Practice and PoFA 2012, I am of the view that the signage at the site is sufficient to bring the parking charge to the attention of the motorist. Therefore, having considered the decision of the Supreme Court, I conclude that the parking charge in this instance is allowable.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] Although the charge may not be a genuine pre-estimate of loss; the signage at the location is clear, the motorist did not keep to the terms and conditions set out on the signage, and the charge is neither extravagant nor unconscionable. While the charge in this instance was £100; this is in the region of the £85 charge decided on by the Supreme Court.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]While I note that the appellant states that they were unaware of the terms and conditions, the driver of the vehicle does not need to have read the terms and conditions of the contract to accept it. There is only the requirement that the driver is afforded the opportunity to read and understand the terms and conditions of the contract before accepting it.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]It is the driver’s responsibility to seek out the terms and conditions, and ensure they understand them, before agreeing to the contract and parking. Reviewing the photographic evidence of the signage on display at the site, I am satisfied that the driver was afforded this opportunity. Upon consideration of the evidence, the driver failed to display a permit, and therefore did not comply with the terms and conditions of the car park.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] The operator has complied with PoFA 2012, and the appellant as the registered keeper is now liable for the charge. As such, I conclude that the PCN has been issued correctly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif] Accordingly, I must refuse this appeal. I must clarify that while I have not gone into specific detail regarding each point made by the appellant, I have considered his points in full before concluding that this appeal is unsuccessful.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]Please can you advise what the next step is. Popla has not commented on the misleading evidence or the fact the NTK failed to arrive within 14 days[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, serif][/FONT]
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Did you make the specific point that the notice was not deliverd in 14 days. Entirely possible that over 29 pages they lost the will to live and missed that point. Theyve only mentioned reviewing the *notice* and not the *timescales* whcih suggests that.
  • betman
    edited 10 August 2018 at 3:53PM
    Did you make the specific point that the notice was not deliverd in 14 days. Entirely possible that over 29 pages they lost the will to live and missed that point. Theyve only mentioned reviewing the *notice* and not the *timescales* whcih suggests that.

Yes I did. She claims to have read it by refering to the paragraph 5. I would think this would at court stage be thrown out if or not she has chosen to ignore it which she has. PW have at no stage in their inaccurate evidence of misleading examples have not disputed this timescale. I would have expected an experienced person to have noted this and not continued. I am hoping that Coupon Mad sees this as i think you can write to a John Gallagher if procedures have not been followed.

Thanks,

BM

Popla Appeal ;

5. This Notice to Keeper (NTK) is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA) due to the dates. Under schedule 4, paragraph 4 of the POFA, an operator can only establish the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of a vehicle if certain conditions must be met as stated in paragraphs 5, 6, 11 & 12.

This operator has not fulfilled the 'second condition' for keeper liability as defined in Schedule 4 and as a result, they have no lawful authority to pursue any parking charge from myself, as a registered keeper appellant.

There is no discretion on this matter. If Schedule 4 mandatory documents are not served at all, or in time (or if the document omits any prescribed wording) then keeper liability simply does not apply.
    Park Watch have failed to fulfill the conditions which state that the keeper must be served with a compliant NTK in accordance with paragraph 9, which stipulates a mandatory timeline and wording:-

!!!8217;!!!8217;The notice must be given by!!!8212;

(a) handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b) sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.!!!8217;!!!8217;

The applicable section here is (b) because the NTK was delivered by post.

Furthermore,
    paragraph 9(5) states:

!!!8217;!!!8217;The relevant period...
    is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended!!!8217;!!!8217;

The NTK sent to myself as Registered Keeper arrived and was delivered into my letterbox some 17 days after the alleged incident .
    xxxxxxx alleged infringement. xxxxx Notice Issue date. Received xxxxxx. Read by myself at xxxx

Plus post 38 at reply to operator evidence:
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]EV3 NTK As stated in appeal although printed as 24/05/ NTK FAILED TO ARRIVE BY 14 DAY DEADLINE. The operator has not disputed this at appeal/evidence stage, therefore operator failed to act in time for NTK liability to apply[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri, serif]
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business