Fidelity documents

Comments

• Windows 10+Opera no problems.
  • jon-w wrote: »
    It would appear you can now hold UK shares in the Fidelity SIPP - 515 of them to choose from - No IT's though and still limited range of ETF's

Are you sure about that?
    If you use "investment finder", selecting: Investment Trust or ETF and use the optional "Product eligibility" = SIPP you get nothing to chose from.
    If you select "shares", then there is no "Product eligibility" option. However, if you select any share (I tried TSCO) you will only see "This stock can be held in an Investment ISA and an Investment Account".
    I think you can only put "funds" into a SIPP.

I've only been a dedicated user of Fidelity for this year, but the interface has gone through numerous changes (mainly improvements).. They just added back linked accounts for example.
  • stephen160
    stephen160 Posts: 71 Forumite
    You can buy investment trusts and ETfs in a Fidelity SIPP , i have many.
  • cogito
    cogito Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    stephen160 wrote: »

How do you do that?

I tried to buy BBOX, PHP, SGRO, THRL, PCTN, BYG and TRY earlier this year but my IFA said that I could only buy TRY.
  • stephen160 wrote:
    cogito wrote: »
    How do you do that?

I tried to buy BBOX, PHP, SGRO, THRL, PCTN, BYG and TRY earlier this year but my IFA said that I could only buy TRY.

Yeah, I want to know that too.

One quirkiness of the Fidelity platform is:
    With an ISA you have cash in your ISA which is "available to invest" and you use BUY to purchase something.
    With the SIPP you have cash in your SIPP, none of which is "available to invest" and there is no BUY option. You purchase something by SWITCHING from the "cash fund" to the selected investment.

I did notice that it would not stop you entering a SWITCH order from a fund to an IT, even one marked "only for ISA"? But as I didn't want to buy that day I didn't go any further.
  • cogito
    Loads of bad reviews on here and complaints about inability to view documents.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.fidelity.co.uk?page=2

All batted away by Fidelity with no explanations or indications that they have problems which need addresssing.

I've also had another trawl around Fidelity!!!8217;s website to see if I could find any shares to buy or ETFs or ITs and failed miserably. What do jon-w and stephen160 know that my IFA doesn't?
  • Cliddy
    Cliddy Posts: 229 Forumite
    cogito wrote: »
    Loads of bad reviews on here and complaints about inability to view documents.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.fidelity.co.uk?page=2

All batted away by Fidelity with no explanations or indications that they have problems which need addresssing.

I know, I was one of them. I don't believe in Facebook but thought trustpilot might be an option to vent my anger. They gave me the standard response on there. "Ring them", I did and they couldn't be less helpful if they tried.

Although they claimed others had the problem and that they are looking into it, it's been 3 months now.
    I can't view or download any docs or export to spreadsheet, PDF or excel.
    The trouble is I believe there is a simple solution that can be fixed at my end. In which case it'll never get fixed waiting for them.
  • Below are some of the trusts i own in my Fidelity SIPP

Aberdeen Diversified Income & Growth Trust PLC
    BlackRock World Mining Trust Plc
    Fidelity European Values PLC.
    Fidelity Japan Trust PLC
    Henderson International Income Trust plc
    Henderson Smaller Companies Investment Trust plc
    Temple Bar Investment Trust Plc
    The Bankers Investment Trust PLC
    The Monks Investment Trust PLC
    The Scottish American Investment Company PLC
  • cogito
    stephen160 wrote: »
    Below are some of the trusts i own in my Fidelity SIPP

Aberdeen Diversified Income & Growth Trust PLC
    BlackRock World Mining Trust Plc
    Fidelity European Values PLC.
    Fidelity Japan Trust PLC
    Henderson International Income Trust plc
    Henderson Smaller Companies Investment Trust plc
    Temple Bar Investment Trust Plc
    The Bankers Investment Trust PLC
    The Monks Investment Trust PLC
    The Scottish American Investment Company PLC

And yet the Fidelity website states that these ITs are only available in their ISAs and investment accounts.
  • Have you tried buying them in you SIPP?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure