PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Today's excuse for missing work 'it was too hot last night so I couldn't sleep' :mad: I'm sure nothing to do with our manager being out for four days :cool: he couldn't sleep! he should try being a overweight middle aged woman this weather :cool: maybe just as well I was on my own today, lack of sleep makes me really grumpy :D. I have said chocolate and gin will be appearing on my expenses :rotfl:

I'm hoping tomorrow is going to be the last really hot day it's due to be 30 again, temperature is then due to drop to 21 Wednesday with rain later in the week :j :j

Lunch was peri peri chicken with salad and dinner was pan fried hake with HM chips and corn on the cob, the open jar of tartar sauce use by 01/04/16 :eek: was binned just before I used it.

And I'm sitting her with ice cream envy, determined not to go to T*sco Exp
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bl@@dy hell Brambling that's scraping the barrel in the excuses department:mad:.
    Not wanting to tempt you but the tesco "choc & nut" cones are very tasty......(as are the toffee ones:cool:) and only £1 for 4;)
  • Brambling
    caronc wrote: »
    Bl@@dy hell Brambling that's scraping the barrel in the excuses department:mad:.
    Not wanting to tempt you but the tesco "choc & nut" cones are very tasty......(as are the toffee ones:cool:) and only £1 for 4;)

If that excuse was valid I could have had most of July off sick :cool:

I have a devil on one shoulder saying go buy those ice cream cones and an angel on the other saying stay away from the ice cream :rotfl: I have removed a certain under garment :p to avoid going out :D
  • caronc
    A cardi or loose wrap, big deep breath and no running and I'm sure they will never notice - just don't stand under the air conditioning:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Brambling
    A cardi or loose wrap, big deep breath and no running and I'm sure they will never notice - just don't stand under the air conditioning:rotfl::rotfl:

Or too close to the freezer :rotfl:
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!

Lol Caronc you`re a Wicked Lady to tempt someone trying to resist that quick dash to the shop to buy a naughty. I am currently trying to avoid the quick dash for a pack of fags and a bottle of Gin reason just sacked the Man ive been seeing for three years so Ive stripped off and jumped in the bath, lol think it would be noticed if I went now.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Farway wrote: »
    Another scorchio day dahn sarf
    After standard porridge, honey, banana & yoghurt, off out for hopefully final cash injection into my car, repair tyre with nail in it's hoof. Job done, new tyre not required
    Because by then I was near town I mooched into Asda, at last full fat UHT milk for yoghurt making is back in stock, bought 3L just in case

Hope your handyman did a decent job PN and you now have someone "To hand" should the need arise

Lunch, last of the BF ham in salady sarnie

Then scoffed one of my figs, ripe & sun warmed, plenty more to follow in the next week or so by the looks of them
    I think my beans are about done, I may oik them out soon if CBA

Today is repeat of repeat meals, dinner will be last of the quiche, with salad, and CHIPS. Too hot for anything but salad really, but I'd eat meat pie & mash if it was plonked in front of me

I bring my frozen stuff home in an insulated bag, just gives it that extra few minutes, I do make sure the frozen purchase is the last one before heading home though

Talking of frozen, I was thinking about getting another freezer, so I could buy decent meat and other stuff on line. After my car troubles I am now driving around in my freezer cash stache:(. Oh well, best laid plans etc

Awwww so sorry the car has eaten up the freezer cash, but have you considered buying second hand. Six years ago I bought a small chest freezer for £25 as I wasn't sure I would really use another one, its saved me a small fortune in that it is usually full of YS bargains.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72 wrote: »
    Lol Caronc you`re a Wicked Lady to tempt someone trying to resist that quick dash to the shop to buy a naughty. I am currently trying to avoid the quick dash for a pack of fags and a bottle of Gin reason just sacked the Man ive been seeing for three years so Ive stripped off and jumped in the bath, lol think it would be noticed if I went now.

Sorry to hear that Meg....ie re "sacked" man.

You must have had a good reason for that - so it's a "bottle of champagne occasion" to celebrate "seeing sense". Or "drown sorrows" - take your pick.

So - note for next time you are near supermarket...
  • On a different tack - Kittie should be back online by now. She'd said the ban was until 6 August (ie yesterday) - but her profile indicates still at PPR at the moment.

I have the feeling the MSE system is that someone has to lift the ban manually - as an automated system would have been set at x time, y date.

So - Kittie: hopefully you'll be able to post here again later today.
  • caronc
    Good morning everyone,
    Apologies for leading people astray:o
    <<Hugs>> Meg - even if it it's the right thing relationship break ups are never easy.
    Hopefully Kittie will be released sometime today.
    Dull but dry here and noticeably cooler. I'm changing my bed today and I think the duvet will be going back on. I've just been using the duvet cover and a light blanket but it wasn't quite enough last night. It's a summer weight duvet so hopefully I'll not swelter.
    My Dad's not long away clutching a piece of the allotment slice and a handful of runner beans. He does like it when I batch cook something as he tends to benefit:):).
    Lunch today will be a piece of the slice, salad and fruit. Tonight I'm having chicken & chorizo casserole from the freezer with rice and veg (probably mushrooms, peppers and runner beans).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback