dog mess on path

Looking for some advice, have lived here 3.5 years, never seen a stray dog running around here. Couple of weeks ago found dog mess behind my car that was in my drive backed close to the garage thought it strange but cleared it away. Tonight came home about 6:30 pm found dog mess. five small pieces on my path close to my front door, could be a stray I suppose but one piece is different colour to the rest.
Do not have experience of owning a dog so is this probable?
Do not have any problems with the locals so is it just me being paranoid?
The driveway is separate to the path to the front door.

Comments

• rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,234
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Is it definitely dog poo? The foxes around here like to leave little presents in strange places, and I see them out during the day quite often.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,434
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Which neighbour have you upset ;)
  • Never seen a fox here and it's a long way to countryside with some quite major roads all round.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,551
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Never seen a fox here and it's a long way to countryside with some quite major roads all round.

There are probably more foxes living in our cities and towns than there are in the countryside.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    . five small pieces on my path close to my front door, could be a stray I suppose but one piece is different colour to the rest.
    Do not have experience of owning a dog so is this probable?

Could be a stray, could be a rubbish owner not picking up after themselves, could be a fox (although there's tends to be different to dogs) Probably not someone you have upset, I would imagine you would know if you have upset someone enough for them to do this. Dog poo can be different colours in the same poo.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Are you also sure it's a dog and not a cat?

Can you put strong smelling disinfectant around the area to deter the animal? Or curry / chilli powder can also be effective.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Have looked up pictures of Fox poo and these do not look like the ones I found, four were like small black sausages pointed at both ends and one was light brown. Have cleaned the area with Harpic and sprayed the entrance with dog and cat off.
  • jimbo747
    jimbo747 Posts: 630 Forumite
    Is it possible to fit a CCTV camera or two? If no where near power something like blink which is battery powered might work. Could help you identify the dog owner(s) and give them a good shoeing.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    A good shoeing?!!! What on earth does THAT mean??
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Cats cover their own mess. And they are highly unlikely to use hard surfaces as toilets anyway.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure