Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Truthful1
    Options
    Funny you should mention that. They must all go to the same engineering school.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    For many people "engineer" (the person who fixes your washing machine) is somewhat lower in status than "mechanic" (the person who fixes your car) because the mechanic has overalls embroidered with Ford logo and the engineer has "Wayne's Washers" on it in sticky letters.

If someone fixing washing machines wants to call him/her self a washing machine engineer, that is fine by me, if he does a proficient job, asks a fair price, and is not trying to sell me something overpriced that I do not want.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    Fischer brochure says the following:

Complete the form below to arrange a free visit from one of our heating engineers - with no obligation. Remember there is no obligation to buy, so why not get some free advice?

Why do they say, twice, that there is no obligation to buy. Of course there is no obligation to buy anything you have not already consumed.
    Someone has to change all of this.
    And from what I saw on Watchdog last night about all those signalless phone users and the ridiculous cancellation fees, it is clear that Ofcam or whatever it is that is there to protect consumers, is not able to handle the job.
  • tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I have decided to fill up a no obligation to buy card. Just want the free survey so I can buy german storage heaters from Amazon. Can not handle pressure to buy, do you think I will be put under pressure. Or can someone help me how to calculate the kw required. Not concerned about Birsa test as I believe Germans carry out their own rigorous testing.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2015 at 3:06PM
    Options
    do you think I will be put under pressure
    - 319 # numbers and you are asking that question !
    - its self delusion if you think you are in control when they visit
    - its already out of your control when you send the 'no obligation to buy card'
    - but then most of those who paid £3000 + thought they were in control too
    - ooooOOOOOp's - too late you've lost control, floods of tears !, under the law you invited them in to your home .... so no protection

sadface.jpg
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • tellsid
    Options
    Thanks, In that case I won't be filling in any card.
  • tellsid
    edited 27 October 2014 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Just found these 6 Fischer heaters on eBay selling 6 used heaters £4600. He says he paid £6600.72. Not sure if it is a bargain as he say he was quoted over £9000 and then given a discount of 30%. I would say still cheaper on amazon.

900watts 65w 60H 11d,
    650watts 47w,
    1900watts 100w,
    1100watts 65w,
    1300watts 80w,
    HI JW 800watts 32w.
    3 wired thermostat
    3 electric wireless thermostat
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    tellsid wrote: »
    Just found these 6 Fischer heaters on eBay selling 6 used heaters £4600. He says he paid £6600.72. Not sure if it is a bargain as he say he was quoted over £9000 and then given a discount of 30%. I would say still cheaper on amazon.

900watts 65w 60H 11d,
    650watts 47w,
    1900watts 100w, 1
    100watts 65w,
    1300watts 80w,
    HI JW 800watts 32w.
    3 wired thermostat
    3 electric wireless thermostat

- Value [4.8kW] brand new with full warranty about £500 on Amazon
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • kreid
    kreid Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    many thanks to (most) of the posters on this thread. I will cancel my engineer visit from fischer due on Friday! Casey Jones was an engineer, but I doubt if he would know much about heating a house!
  • tellsid
    edited 31 October 2014 at 5:22PM
    Options
    kreid wrote: »
    Casey Jones was an engineer, but I doubt if he would know much about heating a house!
    Guess its a case of Cowboys n Ingineers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure