IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Wrong registration number entered on ticket machine

Options

Comments

• fadeinout
    fadeinout Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Found out earlier today that Excel are still issuing the PDT at the VCS controlled car park in question
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there a paragraph 4, as it seems to have gone missing!
  • fadeinout
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Is there a paragraph 4, as it seems to have gone missing!

Good spot! Thank You. I will amend
  • fadeinout
    Options
    I've finally printed off 3 lots of WS and exhibits and am about to send 2 sets off. Do I need to add a schedule for ordinary costs and costs for unreasonable behaviour into the bundles?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cost schedule only needs to be filed and served a couple of days before the hearing.

But if it is available, I can see no harm in submitting it earlier.
  • dufflers
    dufflers Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know whether this will help or not but has anyone noticed that the website for excel parking services ltd has a BPA label at the bottom, isn't this incorrect since they're IPC only now? Maybe it will damage them even more if this is mentioned..
    I have a very similar situation to yours so all the best I hope you kick them where it hurts
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dufflers wrote: »
    I don't know whether this will help or not but has anyone noticed that the website for excel parking services ltd has a BPA label at the bottom, isn't this incorrect since they're IPC only now? Maybe it will damage them even more if this is mentioned.
    Nothing wrong with them being members of both the BPA and IPC.

However, they can only belong to one Approved Operator Scheme and they do only belong to the IPC's AOS.
  • fadeinout
    Options
    dufflers wrote: »
    I don't know whether this will help or not but has anyone noticed that the website for excel parking services ltd has a BPA label at the bottom, isn't this incorrect since they're IPC only now? Maybe it will damage them even more if this is mentioned..
    I have a very similar situation to yours so all the best I hope you kick them where it hurts

They are corporate members of both trade bodies but they choose to pay the IPC for their IAS ADR service so appear on their AOS list.

Thanks all the same for your support :money:
  • fadeinout
    edited 11 August 2018 at 10:36AM
    Options
    Having sent my WS to the court and to the claimant last week, Ive received the claimants ws this morning.

They intend to rely on:

1. POFA - Ive already pointed out to them where they don't comply with POFA wording
    2. Thornton v Shoe Lane - I think this is trespass? Zero evidence I was there. None will exist as I wasn't there
    3. Vine v Waltham Forest - wheel clamping?
    4. Chaplair Limited v Kumari - Recovery of costs?
    5. PE v Beavis.

Its quite clearly a template WS with particulars added in using a different font and they've even forgot to edit the part which says their, (ie VCS - the claimant's) privacy notices can be found at excel parking services website :rotfl:
    They also state they have authority to implement a parking scheme since 06 June 2018. Alleged offence happened in 2017.

Evidence includes:

Signage artwork??
    Unreadable photos of signage from the car park.
    Contract statement of Authority that has expired

Its all starting to feel real now and any help on this greatly appreciated
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NO evidence of tickets purchased through their machine at time of alleged offence

Perhaps you should reference that Skipton case where they were found to have amended the records.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure