The dreaded D word

Options

Comments

• snorfing_along
    Options
    Whoop! car chosen and pick up is on Saturday, just got to get through the next couple of days at work and another visit to the vets tonight.

Just been reading up on the MSE advice :money: on travel money and signed up for a CC which gives the best rate for euro's I was accepted with a whopping £8500 limit which is more than I could ever need, so I might see if I can amend that when it comes:think:

I think that all the money news I have at the moment until payday except that the pet insurance is taking ages to pay out so I might do a BT to my Barclaycard so I'm not getting charged interest until the money comes through then I can close my NatWest card as well as this tends to mop up overspends when they happen, if I don't have it I can't spend on it!
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Not MSE but my anxiety levels are through the roof today, I hope it's linked to picking up the car tomorrow but I feel awful. I cannot wait to get home tonight and hopefully it'll subside, it probably doesn't help hat I've not slept very well the last few nights
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not MSE but my anxiety levels are through the roof today, I hope it's linked to picking up the car tomorrow but I feel awful. I cannot wait to get home tonight and hopefully it'll subside, it probably doesn't help hat I've not slept very well the last few nights

Hopefully it is just some anxiety about picking up up the new car.
    Poor sleep will not be helping sadly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, it feels nice to know that someone's reading my diary.

My anxiety has lifted but I've had even less sleep this weekend so I feel dreadful today, I think with all the stress we've had this year, I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out. I just need to keep going for another 3 weeks before I can get away and relax.
    I'm really excited about being able to spend quality time with my husband we're both so busy with work during the week that we either spend the weekend doing jobs around the house, rushing about visiting people and running errands or just slumped in front of the TV because we're too tired to do anything else. When we're on holiday it's so nice to have a nice walk together and just chat over dinner or a drink.

I feel like my CC debt might increase a little over the next couple of months before it starts to go down again, with the old car expenses being so high before I could sell it and having some old trees cut down at home my savings have dwindled to almost nothing and I still have my car insurance and holiday in September to pay for (July holiday spends and costs are covered as is the house insurance - I don't know how we ended up with so many expenses in July I need to figure out a way that I might be able to bring things - back or forwards a month or so without additional expense).
    Also I'm still waiting for my expenses back from work and the pet insurance to pay out. I need to find the time to budget out the rest of the year to make sure that I'm in a better position at the end of the year than I started at - with a better plan going forward
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• snorfing_along
    Options
    I've decided to get back on e bay to sell some stuff to try and reduce the amount that will go on my credit card - I used to be so good at putting stuff on when I know I would wear an item of clothing again, mainly fancy dress stuff but I've not done it in a long time. So tomorrow I'll sort some items out, take some picture and get this online.

I'm posting this here so I'm a bit more accountable for doing it - please tell me off if I haven't said I've got some things on my the weekend!!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy ebaying :)

• snorfing_along
    Options
    So payday came and went payment were made and everything is up to date, so ready for my holiday now. I can't wait to get away for a couple of weeks and not have to worry about anything.

Not got anything on e-bay but I'll get on it when I get back from being away, also the bonus I was hoping for is not happening which is majorly disappointing and I'm annoyed about how it has come about but I can't change the outcome :(
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    I'm feeling very fed up today, my savings have gone and I've had to pay for my car insurance on the Credit card, I'll pay this off on pay day but I feel like after my careful planning I have nothing to show for it and I it feels like my careful planning at the start of the year is falling apart and I'm going to end up the year with as much owing as I started with (except from it'll be more due to the car loan) :( I wish I could see more progress also doesn't help that I'm still waiting for a pay-out from the pet insurance but because it's taking so long I'm feeling like there might be an issue and they can't pay out. I've e-mail for an update but just get something generic back and can't get through on the phone when I tried
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plodding :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure