Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,178 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    What are the CPS saying?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Yes, good idea on counselling for DGD.

Hope you sleep a bit better tonight.

Hope you are closed Monday & can gather your reserves of strength.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• grey_lady
    grey_lady Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    Presumably ds is looking at a short term prison sentence? Mooloo how the heck you can say 'Dgs3 is a handful as obvious he doesn't listen' i don't know, poor little boy has been neglected and abused, - how you can blame the girlfriend, the HV - everyone apart from ds i don't know - its disturbing.
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • elisamoose
    elisamoose Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I agree. I wanted to post earlier when you spoke about the state of the house and the way they were living. It is the adults fault and the fault of those who were aware of the issues.

There are two strands here- the cps and prosecution and the children’s services side of things. The children’s social care will do a strategy meeting and then either go to an initial child protection conference or go straight to legal proceedings to an interim care order.
    The conference route is more likely if there is no prosecution and will be an official meeting with all family and agencies involved to write a child protection plan. this is legally binding on the parents and if they do not comply will result in legal proceedings.
    If there is a prosecution then I would think it will go straight to legal proceeding with either care order or a family carer.
  • beanielou
    To be fair to Mooloo she alerted SW to the issues of the house.

• tw1nklestar
    tw1nklestar Posts: 294 Forumite
    long time watcher and do not say a lot on here - I read your posts with admiration - I admire the way you step up and support your children and your grandchildren especially the safety net and support you have been for your DGD. Families are not perfect and you seem to tear yourself in pieces to be a fab daughter, mother and grandmother when others would have turned their backs many years ago. You obviously have the interests of everyone before yourself - I love the way you have tried to support but when that did not have the correct outcomes you spoke to social services of your concerns. You have the weight of the world on your shoulders at the moment with little practical help (although the love from your mum shines through). One day at a time is the only advice i can give and deal with things one small step at a time. A toddler getting out of the house as shocking as it is happens, my daughter has triplets about to turn three and one of them can only be described as an escapologist, and it has been through luck that she has not ventured out before they realised that she had worked out how to vault stairgates and build every available resource to reach the door handle. Small steps and conquer what you can when can your children are adults now and have to face/deal with their life challenges. Pull them big girl pants on and always have in the front of your mind what will be your goal and work towards that - perhaps set small monthly goals until the end of your lease and I for one hope you get your Portugal dreams because by God you deserve it xxx
    olympic challenge starting 7/1/07:j
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    I for one hope you get your Portugal dreams because by God you deserve it xxx

I hope so too, but worry that unless Mooloo prioritises her own end game / retirement plans above bailing out irresponsible adult family members for the umpteenth time, her reward will always be out of reach. :(
    That £60,000 would have bought a lovely property where Mooloo - and her family - could be enjoying regular, money-saving holidays as well as advancing her idea of offering sewing 'retreats' to visitors.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I believe that DS was given a caution on Neglect.
    I believe the GF was cautioned for class And B drugs. But I am not exactly sure what that entails. Hopefully last night they signed a family safety agreement allowing Biggest care of the boys. Next week the social will have a meeting to decide what next steps will be.
    I presume DS and GF will have to sign up to counselling, drug programs? And learn to do housework and budgeting etc.
    She will loose her job in a school. Not sure about her second job.
    They will most likely be able to have supervised access to the boys eventually.
    Biggest and her husband are now the ones with the task of dealing with it all. I am just there for moral support.
    My Mum has offered Biggest financial support for the immediate necessities.
    My BF is chatting via text and has spun his thoughts last night.
    He is off to reread our texts apparently he has got a different opinion of what I have been saying etc.
    Still think it's probably too late now though you all know that I didn't want to give up, just couldn't achieve the hoops.
    I will be going to work this morning and bringing work home to Sew tomorrow and Monday.
    I will visit family as and when.
    Dgd downloaded the Portuguese app last night, and started to do it!!!55358;!!!56613;, and was "enjoying this game Granny "
    I said we would aim for a holiday again after I close the shop, so in the October half term next year.
    I will try and enjoy any sun we get here at home. I will continue to do my debts down and will not be putting my money in any of the kids pockets.
    I am going to try and keep my business running without new staff, and will be permanently moving my machines back on the shop floor.
    Today I will reassess the work load, and I will turn down jobs that are needed in a few days until I have managed those I have.
    I can't believe how much there is this last few weeks. If I thought I was busy before I definitely am now.
    I will research Portugal further to keep my dreams alive, but will not decide anything until I close the shop. Right now I need to finish the work I am committed to and be there in moral support for Biggest and DS.
    I also have to be mindful on how this May effect twin2. Because she now knows what is going on because of the family from hell and social media.
    I haven't yet spoken to Twin1.

Right, that's my world sorted for the immediate future. Time to get some semblance of normalcy to the day.
    Dgd to get up, breakfast and then work.
    I have a headache because I drank a bottle of wine last night and wine and emotional situations don't mix.
    Time to move.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Tescodealqueen
    Tescodealqueen Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I can't begin to understand how you have managed to get through all of this. Please put yourself and DGD at the top of your priority list this weekend and spend at least a little time just chilling in the sunshine you love. It will require recharge your batteries for the challenges you are facing I am sure
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Well I have managed to get through the day. Had to apologise to two customers that I hadn't done their work yet. Just said been called away suddenly and had to close so I will catch up over the bank holiday. I did not bring work home Tonight though.
    We are enjoying the sun, the paddling pool has been reserected, cleaned and is now filling up, and I have 4 10 year old girls playing in the garden.
    My neighbour has given them pizza and been sitting on the swing seat with me for a while.
    DS was sorting clothes today, as that's 90% of the Problem. ( well that's what he thinks).
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure