Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:58PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Yorkshire Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Dagsyrugg
    Dagsyrugg Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2018 at 3:18PM
    I switched for the first time from e.on to them in June this year

The whole process went smoothly with email communications and updates

I rung them once to clarify one thing and the phone was answered promptly

However, I didn't get an email prompt for my first meter reading and did enter my own but this wasn't used and only an estimate was processed on my first bill. I put this down to a glitch and if it happens again I will contact them to find out why

Overall, an ok experience so far

UPDATE 29/9
    After several months as a customer; there is no monthly email to request a meter reading - think this would be a good idea - nor is there an email to say that the monthly statement is ready to view

UPDATE 23/10
    Received an email today requesting a meter reading; logged into account and provided one and then 15 minutes later another email to say the monthly bill is ready to view. Well done YE - very good; long may it continue
  • Literally just clicked join..couldn't work out why the submit button was not clickable.

Called to do a manual switch and very bright bubbly young lady said "You need to click on either fixed or variable"...opps and then i was away.

Quick to answer phone and very helpful...will see how they go on moving forward.
  • thinking about swapping to them... is their portal ok... I presume you should be able to log meter readings online?
  • Dagsyrugg
    Dagsyrugg Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes you can
    Everything you need to know is on their support page:
    https://yorkshire-energy.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 August 2018 at 3:02PM
    I did exactly the same (I.e. the issue with selecting the fixed or variable per Samsung-Note2) but now initiated the switch away from TogetherEnergy. Should be done in 21 days according to confirmation emails... watch this space!
  • Just switched from Usio to Yorkshire Energy, phoned up and they answered straight away! The girl i spoke to was able to answer all the questions i had and look forward to the next 12 months with them.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    I've just signed up with Yorkshire Energy on their ‘Green Seahorse’ 12-months fixed tariff with zero exit fees.

I rang them for a little bit more info;…I was on hold for about 5-mins then got an automated ‘we’ll ring you back’ message,…which they did within 60 seconds.

I spoke to a very pleasant and knowledgeable lady who answered all my queries. She reckons the switchover will take 21 days.

Their website looks pretty good and the online sign-up process is painless but remember to click the preferred tariff dialogue box on the last quote page;…that allows you to continue to ‘sign-up’.

They’ve only been in existence for 4-months so signing up is something of a leap of faith, but what the hell,..I like to live dangerously.:D
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Not a huge deal (for me), but when you switch they take the full direct debit on your 'live date' and then again on the direct debit date. In my case this was 12 days apart. Might make a difference to you as you'll be paying twice in a short period of time, and before you get any refund if you are in credit with your previous supplier.

One thing i've noticed though - Yorkshire Energy no longer comes up in the energy saving club comparisons. Any reason for that?
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was given choice of DD on 2nd, 15th or 25th. It also said that 1st payment 21 days from sign up (live date) and other on selected payment date, and warned this could result in two in the same month. I'm sure you could change date if you emailed them.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    aris wrote: »
    Not a huge deal (for me), but when you switch they take the full direct debit on your 'live date' and then again on the direct debit date. In my case this was 12 days apart. Might make a difference to you as you'll be paying twice in a short period of time, and before you get any refund if you are in credit with your previous supplier.

One thing i've noticed though - Yorkshire Energy no longer comes up in the energy saving club comparisons. Any reason for that?

You’re right,… Yorkshire Energy aren’t on MSE but I’ve had a squint on Uswitch and Yorkshire Energy’s cheapest 12-month fixed tariff with zero fees is a brand new tariff called ‘Green Puffin – Fixed’.

Possibly the new tariff details haven’t been updated on MSE yet.

They’ve slipped well down the list because this brand new tariff is a deal more expensive than their previous offering called ‘Green Seahorse – Fixed’.

I signed up on their ‘Green Seahorse – Fixed’ just 2 days ago,… and it’s already been superseded by this new, more expensive tariff !;

…it doesn’t pay to hang around when choosing a new tariff does it? :doh:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure