Can u claim benefits when been sacked?

2»

Comments

• Experts on employment law, I often refer my clients to them. Give them a ring and they will guide you through the tribunal, remember there is a 3 month time limit though![/QUOTE]

u mean u have to wait 3 months before u contact them? x
  • IBJSA is income based job seekers allowance, your dh can claim this straight away, I think the payment is about £94 per week (someone will confirm this figure). You will get full child tax credits.

The JC will ask what capital you have so you would have to declare it, as long as it was not over £6000 it does not affect your benefits.

sorry for all the questions and thanks again fro your help but i dont know who else to ask...what is full tax credits? x
  • cfnc
    cfnc Posts: 119 Forumite
    that is if they do not apply any sanctions on your husbands dismissal, and the amount now is just over £100 per week
  • alwaysonthego_2
    alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 April 2009 at 7:10PM
    no you need to contact them now the time limit of taking your case to a tribunal is 3 months after that you can not do anything.

They are very unlikely to pose sanctions on the op because it was not gross misconduct.
  • no you need to contact them now the time limit of taking your case to a tribunal is 3 months after that you can not do anything.

They are very unlikely to pose sanctions on the op because it was not gross misconduct.

thanks.we will do it tomorrow and sort everything out.thanks again x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport