Free Hot Drink in Waitrose Cafe with £1.60 spend for myWaitrose card holders

Comments

• Steve059
    Steve059 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    lilian1977 wrote: »
    "From 26 April 2014, the minimum amount you need to spend to receive money off your shopping with selected newspapers will be £10. That’s across all newspapers in the offer." <snip>

Will you be checked for tattoos?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/24/waitrose-jack-monroe_n_4497814.html
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got a takeaway latte yesterday and the cup size was half what it used to be - so as well as doubling the price of spend for a free paper they are also reducing the size of the free coffees!!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • mathew1971
    mathew1971 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Think doubling price of spend needed for free paper will drive people away. I certainly won't call every day anymore. £5 was about right to spend to get paper but £10 is too much - would rather shop elsewhere cheaper and buy paper that I want. Have also noticed coffees getting smaller. Waitrose have increased footfall and sales, maybe they now think this is enough?
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't get it.

WR offer a free newspaper worth up to £2.50 with only a £10 spend and people are complaining? :eek:

I think it's an amazing offer, ditto the coffee/tea. :) If £10 is too much, spend your £5 at Tesco/Sainsburys/etc and see what freebie they offer.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Have to say their free coffee is lovely :)
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't get it.

Roger I don't think thats the point people are trying to make!
    Its more the fact that Waitrose keep changing the goalposts that I personally object too!
    They never wrote and told the customers either!
    Waitrose do not offer reward vouchers like Sainsburys and Tesco and it was nice to spend £5 and get a free newspaper!
    Thats why I got a Waitrose card in the first place!
    I personally will shop elsewhere now as £10 is too much to spend for a paper!
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The free coffee in the Manchester Bridge Street branch is awful - always loads of bits floating in the bottom of the latte/capp, and it's lukewarm at best. It is from a machine but still, if I was paying I wouldn't pay!
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    tanya2014 wrote: »
    I don't get it.

They never wrote and told the customers either!

I got an email on the 24th of April informing me of the changes to the newspaper offer and the prize draw.

and £10 at Tesco/Sainsbury's will get you 10p of Clubcard/Nectar points (up to 40p if exchanged) still not enough for a free paper!
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe so but its the principle of the thing really.
    I am sure they will soon start charging a nominal amount for the free drinks too.
    You get a lot more for your money at Tesco or Sainsburys so I would rather get £10 worth of shopping there than hardly anything at Waitrose.
  • go_cat
    go_cat Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I have just had an email to say following customer feedback Mon - Fri the spend has been lowered back to £5 to qualify for a free newspaper but remains at £10 for the weekend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure