MSE Poll: How much of your Christmas shopping is now done online?

Poll started 10 December 2019
We've just a couple of weeks to go until the big day - but with reports of shoppers abandoning the high street in favour of shopping online, will you be buying your Christmas gifts in store or from the web? Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Rather distorted by the value, as all of the expensive stuff is online. But most (number of) items is local shops.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Tbh i am absolutely sick of the orders i have done for christmas being cancelled and taking ages to get the money back,its hard to get through to call centres to find out whats happened too
  • XRAT
    XRAT Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hmm, I don't think I can answer this one.
    By value my children are by far the majority of my spend, but they are now adults and abroad, so I'll send money and let them buy their own. This avoiding postage costs, import duties and of course the very likely 'lost in transit' scenario.
  • Upwards of 95% online. Literally the only things I've bought from a 'real' shop this year are a £5 secret santa for work and a couple of tubs of chocolate.
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And then people complain that the high street is shutting down.....

This year I bought everything in real shops.
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    NaughtiusMaximus Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 December 2019 at 3:56PM
    ScarletBea wrote: »
    And then people complain that the high street is shutting down.....

I don't.

I've always considered offline shopping to be nothing more than a chore, add in pre-christmas crowds and it's downright unpleasant. If I had to pick the number 1 way life in 2019 is better than in 1999, the opportunity to buy anything I want from the comfort of my home would be it.
  • Increasingly a larger proportion of shopping is done now online (80%+). It saves me a lot of time, which saves me money as well (as a freelancer paid by the hour)

Less effort involved, and but more options available, better prices, more easy comparisons. What's not to love?
  • ronda454
    ronda454 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    would be interesting to see how the situation in the 2020 will look like
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills