Shop & Scan

As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here https://www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
Visit https://www.shopandscan.com
Click on Transmit your Barcodes
Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    In my mailbox today,still time to get the points

Panel Number: *********

Dear ***********,
    Thank you for your continued help on our ShopandScan Panel.
    It's Bonus Friday!
    If you transmit your barcodes to us by midnight tonight then you will receive an extra 200 points!
    These points will be paid on Monday, in addition to your usual weekly points. If you haven't done any shopping you can still transmit your empty clicker to receive this bonus.
    Thank you for your help with our research.
    ShopandScan Help Desk Team
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    A question.

I got to day 5 in my food diary and forgot on day 6. Not only could I kick myself. I'd like to know, have I forfeit any chance of getting further invites?
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Judi wrote: »
    A question.

I got to day 5 in my food diary and forgot on day 6. Not only could I kick myself. I'd like to know, have I forfeit any chance of getting further invites?

If day 6 was yesterday (or this week) you should still be able to enter the details for that day.
  • lynx2oo2
    lynx2oo2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Judi wrote: »
    A question.

If you can still access your diary, you can still fill it in, and no, you have not messed up your chances.
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Farway wrote: »
    In my mailbox today,still time to get the points

Panel Number: *********

Dear ***********,
    Thank you for your continued help on our ShopandScan Panel.
    It's Bonus Friday!
    If you transmit your barcodes to us by midnight tonight then you will receive an extra 200 points!
    These points will be paid on Monday, in addition to your usual weekly points. If you haven't done any shopping you can still transmit your empty clicker to receive this bonus.
    Thank you for your help with our research.
    ShopandScan Help Desk Team

Did everyone else get this too, or is it just for certain people? I haven't had it :(
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Arthien wrote: »
    Did everyone else get this too, or is it just for certain people? I haven't had it :(

i got it, have you checked your spam (strange things happen)
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i got it, have you checked your spam (strange things happen)

Yep, nothing. Ah well!
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Arthien wrote: »

I didn't receive it either.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • crystal9
    crystal9 Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    i got the bonus points e mail to if i had not of got it i would have just transmitted anyway .

thanks sarah for the new thread other one was a bit old now :)
    have now given up smoking since feb 13th 2014 loving the money I'm saving
  • Foxy16
    Foxy16 Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Back in December several of us, commented on the final questions asked at the end of the 2nd week of the food diary. As I did not get the extra 3000 points last time, I decided not to fill these in this time.

Be warned, if these are not filled in, you DO NOT get the 3000 bonus points, so the wording of 1000 points per day diary entry + 3000 bonus points for completing the diary, is very misleading and badly worded. I am currently in dispute with them over this, but am not holding my breath.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback