Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Beanie for the new thread. Do you know how to close the old thread as there are a few posts after you posted the link to this one.

A very heavy synned weekend so won't bother posting my plans!!

Pollyanna I sometimes make a pizza using a hash brown type base - just grated potato squeezed out and then pressed into the base of a tin. Pre cook in oven and then add your toppings. Use HEA of cheese to finish it off.

There are a few SW blogs which have some good recipes to try. My favourite for the recipes is https://www.slimmingeats.com written by an English mum living in Canada. The hash brown pizza is one of her recipes. The other blog I use regularly is the pinchofnom one. They also have a book out and there is a new one due out in December which is available to pre order. Only problem is it doesn't contain syn values and you need to work them out yourself. I did that and wrote the syns of each recipe on the page so don't have to keep working it out.

My consultant has posted on our Facebook page that next week's bella magazine has a Free joining voucher in it.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How thoughtful of your family to make you the potatoes with frylight DIM , it's so helpful when your family is on board.:) They'd be free so no problem eating them.

It's a good idea to freeze portions of SW friendly meals pollyanna then you've got a HM ready meal for another day. Or as it's just for you, why not have something really simple like an omelette or my favourite egg and chips?:D
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread Beanie.

I don't know how to quote from the previous thread, but Pollyanna, I make pizzas with wholemeal packet bread mix as a base and count it as my HEB. Here's a recipe - https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/chicken-club-pizza/ - but you can top it with whatever you like. I'm not sure where you shop but most supermarkets sell packets of the bread mix. DGD who is 6 loves making these with me and eats the lot!

Slightly over syns today as I was out for a birthday lunch and had a very thin slice of a cake (12 syns!!) but a sensible choice for my lunch and stuck to water.

I'm aiming to do some proper meal planning, shopping and prep tomorrow, including making myself some low/no syn snacks so I stay away from the sweet stuff!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Denise~~I have no idea how to close the old thread I am afraid.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Thank you for the new thread Beanie! I hope Chris is OK, I understand there are family issues? I've been away from the thread for a few weeks, but been thinking of Suffolk Sue and Kathrynha too.

I did a big shop yesterday and will have a bit of a batch cooking day today, including the SW Italian chicken and tomato soup (on the SW website) - it's one of my absolute fave recipes, so tasty and filling - perfect for autumn lunches in work.

I'm also going to do a massive batch of mash ready for comforting meals - living alone I often end up wasting potatoes as they only seem to come in massive bags that I can't eat quickly enough, but mash freezes well doesn't it?

I realise we won't be having a chart, but is anyone setting themselves a target for the season, maybe for the eight weeks to 3rd Nov? (Then it'll only be another eight weeks to the end of 2019 :eek:) If I can lose 1.5lb per week, I'll be a "healthy BMI" by the end of the year, so I'm going to aim for 12lb by 3rd Nov (very ambitious for me but you've got to try haven't you!).

I love this time of year, it feels like new beginnings. I always want to buy myself a new notepad and pencil case and get organised! :D
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Shiny new thread - I'm in!!

Arkers x
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Thanks for starting the new thread Beanie.

I don't know how to quote from the previous thread, but Pollyanna, I make pizzas with wholemeal packet bread mix as a base and count it as my HEB. Here's a recipe - https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/chicken-club-pizza/ - but you can top it with whatever you like. I'm not sure where you shop but most supermarkets sell packets of the bread mix. DGD who is 6 loves making these with me and eats the lot!

Slightly over syns today as I was out for a birthday lunch and had a very thin slice of a cake (12 syns!!) but a sensible choice for my lunch and stuck to water.

I'm aiming to do some proper meal planning, shopping and prep tomorrow, including making myself some low/no syn snacks so I stay away from the sweet stuff!

I do admit that recipe for pizza looks absolutely lovely, but I am starting slow. My fear is that I will go all gungho with this diet, cooking everything in sight and then realising I don't actually have time for the cooking what with work and children etc., so at the moment doing a mix and finding out what works best for me.

The recipe says to make the pizza out of 70g dough, does this still make it a HEB I wonder as I thought you were only allowed 60g. Or am I being too pernickety? I have put this recipe down to try in a few weeks.

But... what is the lowest syn pizza out there? Just for a Friday treat, so that I can feel that I just bung something in the oven and eat with the kids?

Today I am making oat muffins and a crustless quiche for the during the week and will make (or Mum will, haha) a pineapple salsa to go with some midweek meals as I used to make that and loved it.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Beanie

I have been a little way off this week, fish and chips on Friday as I was so late home I couldn't be bothered to cook (then wash up!) as I had work the next day to prepare for. Yesterday dh cooked chicken fajitas (pretty sure he doesn't use my spay oil!)
    Today is usually my cheat day where I use all my remaining syns left over and don't worry about counting. We are having a roast with the works and apple crumble (which is my favourite) so I think I'm going to draw a line and start a fresh next week, although I am at a funeral on Tuesday and a work course on Wednesday afternoon, so not a normal week again.
    Tete I think I will join you as I find something to aim at helps motivate me. I shall go with 10lb over the next 8 weeks and update my sig

Oh just a note on whoever was talking about tacos, pollyanna24 I think? My kids also love those so when I make them I make a portion of pasta for myself and mix my bit of mince in with a large helping of salad and sprinkle of cheese (hexa), very tasty.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2019 at 2:09PM
    Options
    I noticed the old thread has now been closed Beanie! Someone must have done it so at least there won't be any unread posts on there!

Back home now and back on plan properly for the rest of the week and definitely NO alcohol! Suspect I've had most of my Syns from Thursday to Saturday but haven't actually added it up yet - at least I know what I've had so can actually count them all!

Today's plan:

B - sausages 2; egg P; beans F, mushrooms S
    L - corned beef 1.5; potatoes F; beans F; onions S
    D - SC chicken P; potatoes S; carrots S; peppers S; onions S; green beans S; peas F

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread 1 slice 0.5; hifi bar? 0.5
    Syns - corned beef 1.5; sausages 2 = 3.5

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I've had a brilliant one with a couple of friends who we meet up with a few times a year, tends to be in the warmer months of the year as we camp together! We often go out in winter but our friends don't!

Denise
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon :)

Thanks for the new thread Beanie. Also thinking of our fellow friends who are having difficulties righ now, and unable to join in.

Have had another mega busy weekend. Moved 2 sheds, dismantled one, rebuilt another, painted it, dismantled a greenhouse and moving that & rebuilding it part way through at the mo. Just stopped for a tea break and bacon sarnie.

Pleased to report a 2.5lb loss last week, which was the 2lb gain from the week before plus 0.5lb extra for luck! That’s a massive loss for me - usually lucky to have 0.5-1lb. The extra physical work has definitely paid off.

Will catch up more later. Unsure of today’s plan as it will depend upon what time we finish working tonight.

Have a good Sunday
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills