The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

The Sun £20 Holidays. Holiday Park Review thread

1171819202123»

Comments

• springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Rhysm wrote: »
    We have just finished a holiday in Haven Greenacres.

Was a nice site and park with lots to do nearby.

I must say that I was very disappointed with the situation regarding the guest passes.

I paid the money and fully intended to use the guest passes - there were three of us travelling.

On studying the receipt when we arrived I noticed that they had charged for four even though we only completed three names! I understand you have to pay based on a minimum of 4 sharing, however the entertainment passes are an add on.

Furthermore, you can bet your life if there were five of us they would have conveniently read the application form and charged us extra.

I complained to them on principle and was informed very helpfully that they could not refund as I should have raised it before - great.

Unfortnately this left a very sour taste in my mouth so would advise everyone not to make the same mistake.

You have posted your gripe on the wrong board - this is the Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning board - Haven Greenacres is in the UK. You should therefore have posted on the UK Holidays board:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5006038

Most people who book a holiday through the Sun newspaper promotion are aware that you should cancel any entertainment passes that you do not need when you pay your final invoice. Those that do not yet know this soon find this out by reading the Sun holiday threads on the UK Holidays board.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • leggyno9
    leggyno9 Posts: 105
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I booked a holiday in September, was horrified at the extra £50 I was then told I would have to pay after I had paid the non returnable first amount. Last week I went online to pay the remainder and was informed the holiday was cancelled. No reminder or warning. Is there anything I can do?obviously 3 and a half months is a long time in between booking and paying the rest of the invoice so I had gotten the final dates wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure