Jet2Holidays....Avoid

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    meer53 wrote: »
    ....Knocking them when they haven't done anything wrong isn't fair.....

What Jet2 did to Mr Huzar and his family is beyond wrong, we must all be thankful that he fought and won his case against them to the ongoing benefit of passengers.
    Jet2 are spending buckets of money on TV advertising their overpriced holidays and if you travel with them you are paying unnecessarily for this. They deliberately split parties up on the aircraft because of their desperation for additional revenue.
    Avoid package holiday operators like this and do a simple DIY trip and save your money.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    richardw wrote: »
    What Jet2 did to Mr Huzar and his family is beyond wrong, we must all be thankful that he fought and won his case against them to the ongoing benefit of passengers.
    Jet2 are spending buckets of money on TV advertising their overpriced holidays and if you travel with them you are paying unnecessarily for this. They deliberately split parties up on the aircraft because of their desperation for additional revenue.
    Avoid package holiday operators like this and do a simple DIY trip and save your money.

The Huzar case was about a 27 hour delay - how is it relevant to this thread?
  • richardw
    It is about we do not care Jet2 which should be avoided.
  • richardw
    ...IMO they are probably more expensive than DIY even with the ''£100 off per person'' ''deal'' but I like the thought of just checking in at the airport, get transport to the hotel and transport back without the faff of having to make phone calls to confirm this and that...

It sounds like you really just cannot be bothered to save money.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I disagree with the OP.
    Have been with them more than once with no problems and going again at the end of the year.
    IMO they are probably more expensive than DIY even with the ''£100 off per person'' ''deal'' but I like the thought of just checking in at the airport, get transport to the hotel and transport back without the faff of having to make phone calls to confirm this and that.

I suppose to each their own.

To reply to the OP you can book Jet2 holidays at most travel agencies and if you have a big party this might be the best way to book future holidays.

Have never had to make phonecalls to confirm this or that

Book flights
    Book hote/villa
    Book transfer

Arrive at airport look for name get into car arrive at accomodation
  • Remember with Jet 2 you get 22 kg. hold luggage and 10 kg. hand luggage included in the holiday price and in some hotels your luggage is collected from the hotel on the return journey.

Which other tour operators offer this included in the base price?
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Remember with Jet 2 you get 22 kg. hold luggage and 10 kg. hand luggage included in the holiday price and in some hotels your luggage is collected from the hotel on the return journey.

Which other tour operators offer this included in the base price?

you don't have to book through jet 2 holidays to fly jet 2 and you can get all of the above
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    richardw wrote: »
    It sounds like you really just cannot be bothered to save money.

Sometimes, if a package holiday has transfers included, it can be very money saving.
    To out resort from the airport, a taxi would be 120 euros each way (no Resort Hopper or similar service exists).
    When you've paid less than £1000 for flights, accommodation & transfers for 2 weeks for 2 people, that package holiday IS money saving

I also wouldn't let what happened to Mr Huzar put me off booking with Jet2.

If I took notice of every exhortation not to book with X airline or Y company on TripAdvisor, I'd never get further than my back garden.
    (eDreams, Travelgenio, KIWI.com et al clearly exempted).
  • you don't have to book through jet 2 holidays to fly jet 2 and you can get all of the above

You only get the luggage collection with a holiday booking I think and if you book the flight separately the luggage is an add on to the base price.

I am a Jet 2 fan but I have recently looked at booking a Saga holiday and on the booking form there is a choice of flights on the same day Jet 2 and Tui and although I don't like Tui the Tui flight makes the holiday £180 cheaper than the Jet 2 flight so if I book it I will fly with Tui. :mad::mad:
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • blues
    blues Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    OP your post is ridiculous. You made the error, by all booking separately. Jet2 Holidays are great. We've had a couple of brilliant, well priced holidays with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure