Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Hollyboll
    Hollyboll Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    Hello KC - sorry been offline a few days and just seen your query about emoticons … in case Gally the source of all smilies hasn't replied, the site to which her diary first directed me and which I still find easiest is sherv … but there are others too :)

Congrats on starting with Linkdin … I'm not a big fan of social media (aside obviously from this board, but it's probably part of the reason it's taken me a while to get going) but everyone told me I had to do the L for work things. It is a bit scary who they suggest though … apparently something to do with browsers and search terms but once I got past thinking I had to accept everyone I saw it's pretty easy to ignore … I put a lot of time in about 2 years ago and now don't spend too much effort on it, but do find it useful - hope that helps! :)
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hey KC.
    Loved the latest mogblog.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I'm the worlds worst with social media.

I am on Facebook, but the last time I logged in was around 2 years ago!

I love interacting on forums but for some reason I'm not so keen interacting on line in my real name.

It's a bit freaky that a person from your past popped up like that - I must admit, I wonder who I would be associated with, but not quite enough to join up!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hollyboll wrote: »
    Hello KC - sorry been offline a few days and just seen your query about emoticons … in case Gally the source of all smilies hasn't replied, the site to which her diary first directed me and which I still find easiest is sherv … but there are others too :)
    Thanks for that, Hollyboll - just had a look, my word, there's a lot there :D if thats the easy one, no wonder I don't do it :o I used to use hystersisters, which is actually a support site for women undergoing hysterectomies, but they had a really simple system of smilies :D
    Congrats on starting with Linkdin … I'm not a big fan of social media (aside obviously from this board, but it's probably part of the reason it's taken me a while to get going) but everyone told me I had to do the L for work things. It is a bit scary who they suggest though … apparently something to do with browsers and search terms but once I got past thinking I had to accept everyone I saw it's pretty easy to ignore … I put a lot of time in about 2 years ago and now don't spend too much effort on it, but do find it useful - hope that helps! :)
    I'm glad you find it useful - I'm definitely there for use only, as I'm starting up a whole new career. Can't do anything now till Tuesday, so it's all softly softly :)
    Hey KC.
    Loved the latest mogblog.
    Thanks honey!
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    I'm the worlds worst with social media.

I am on Facebook, but the last time I logged in was around 2 years ago!

I love interacting on forums but for some reason I'm not so keen interacting on line in my real name.

It's a bit freaky that a person from your past popped up like that - I must admit, I wonder who I would be associated with, but not quite enough to join up!
    I'm not surprised :rotfl: I stopped facebook completely when I got so ill last Christmas, and I've only started up again in the vaguest way - and that's only for the support page for the cat blog. It doesn't interest me in the least any more. Though the other thing that could support the cat blog is my twitter persona, named after the blog - I'd be abysmal at posting on twitter, I'm too wordy :D but even I should manage linking to the blog.

Definitely trickier doing it in your real name!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 October 2015 at 10:51AM
    Options
    Some internet-friends-become-RL-friends popped in yesterday :j:j:j twas very lovely :beer:

Had quite a long rest after that :o but did manage to check out my online banking in the evening, since I'm a you know what customer. Seems okay. I don't even want to write the name of the firm, though, don't want to lay myself open to attacks!

ETA - I reached my yougov turning point! Money has been ordered!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Woo hoo, congratulations on the yougov payout - that's a lesson in patience and waiting and persistence! :D :money:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...ETA - I reached my yougov turning point! Money has been ordered!

Woo hoo! - Long time coming that 50 quid! - congratulations on getting there!

I'm doing well using the evening commute for various surveys - can slowly see all the payouts becoming nearer & nearer...

yougov is only at 1475 points though - they keep sending me those ones where the only payout is a contest entry - so takes longer for that balance to budge!

...on the subject of t'internet friends...in some ways on here is often more 'real' than so called RL!!!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yeay for reaching YG payout - and for meeting new friends! :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hurrah for you gov :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

ETA - I reached my yougov turning point! Money has been ordered!
    Great stuff :T. I'm at around £45 but the surveys seem fairly frequent at present (as do Pinecone) so hopefully I won't be too far behind :).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure