<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another one for the tutting circle, here, although you would probably do more than tut, if you saw this place.

There appears to be a seeping leak under the newly fitted washing machine. I'll have to phone them tomorrow and hope that they can come out on Friday.

Dinner was an assortment of stuff from freezer and cupboard - we'd planned to go to Ikea for a Christmas tree (and probably coffee and cake), but they're out of stock until tomorrow.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And another for the tutting circle, please... do we draw names from a hat or is there a rotational system? :rotfl:

I like ironing but hate hoovering so if anybody wants to trade...

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi managed to read all your diary today, it's been a great read.

Someone needs to come and tut at my house to, the one good thing about living in the sticks is that I usually get a phone call if someone is coming round, gives me long enough to dump all the mess in a bedroom and shut the door, give the bathroom a quick once over and run a hoover round, I have been known to hide dirty pans in the oven.

I hope the cat feeling brighter and ouch to the vet bill.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Redo Can I join the save-on-a-cleaner-tutting-circle please?
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you got the leak sorted and that you can repair the oak cupboards :)

Hope the fluffster doesn't cost you anything further. Vets bills are extortionate.

Nothing like a visitor to get you cleaning :) If Mr SA's sister is coming round I practically redecorate the whole house!

:rotfl::rotfl: I only clean properly when people visit too. I should invite people around more often :D.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    :hello: pennywisepoundfoolish

I'm glad its not just me. A webcam inspection wouldn't work either - I'd put more effort into creating a screen than I would the actual cleaning :o The kitchen is still clear, and am keeping the dehumidifier running until it dries out enough to see the extent of the damage.

Water people say I have to get two quotes for the damage caused by the leaking water meter - which is fine but OH will fix it but can't claim for his lost time or the materials (as we bought a bulk lot of unplaned character american oak years ago and still have more than enough left). And we could have replacement flooring as the water has gone underneath, but on a like for like basis a nominal contribution towards five year old cheap vinyl isn't exactly going to be worth claiming for which is rather annoying given that I would have to buy and fit a new vinyl as we don't plan to put a permanent floor in until the rest of the work is completed.. Have I thought about claiming on my house insurance on a new for old basis? No, why should I for something that wasn't our fault? :(

Forecast here is for snow overnight, and snow for the next few days. Must panic buy food :p
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No snow here until Sunday, but the next two days are forecast to be very cold. Not convenient, then, that my new thermal wellies are taking an age to arrive.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Tiniest amount overnight for us. More forecast so I finally made a proper effort at buying bits for the boys stockings, etc. Also bought a tree. Might even put it up over the weekend, if I can manage to clear a space.

Trailed round far too many shops and have done virtually nothing since beyond lighting the woodburner and putting my feet up. Fat Cat is innabox in front of the fire, roasting gently. I'd like to be a cat.

Forgot to get:
    1. Fuel
    2. Gift voucher - need for 18th
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I'm going to be a cat in my next life, they have a great time and all they have to do is look cute. I can do cute :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm coming back as a cat too. You don't even have to do cute. Bossy seems to work perfectly well for some...
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I think I'm going to be a cat in my next life, they have a great time and all they have to do is look cute. I can do cute :)

That's always been my ambition SA, cats have a great life :rotfl:.

I hope you get your tree up redo, there's nothing like a Christmas tree :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure