The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,313 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Conversely for me I find if I commit early in the day I'm more likely to keep to it. It's as if the decision is made I don't think about it after that or when (occasionally) I get cravings I feel a stronger sense of accountability.

Me too maman - I prefer to get the decision over and done with. I have been known to change course later in the day but not recently. The main thing though is to post here and be accountable either way, so if I change my mind and have a drink, it seems better to post here to say so.
    What I have found is a drink that I can drink for the whole evening without feeling as though I've overdosed on sugar and that has the slightly taste of satisfying booziness without the alcohol. It's not an improvement but it's a fair stand in.

Honey Bear, that's what I think about ginger beer with a few drops of bitters - it makes me feel as though I have had a "real" drink when I have got in the door from work and just a small glass is enough, so even though I'm sure it has sugar in it I don't feel as though I imbibe too much of the sweet stuff. After dinner I have a cup of mint tea (warming in the winter and refreshing in the summer). That's enough for me these days, thanks to this thread.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    2lbs is excellent Shaggy. I've only managed to shift a couple of pounds since my holiday in June. I keep trying but life has a habit of getting in the way.:o

Another good reading this morning - nearing 3 pounds. I can't believe how bad I've let things get!!!
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome.. ok then, I'm going to try for 5 AF days.. I know it's not a lot, but it would be a big step for me. Not today though :o

Good Luck - you're on the list and welcome.gif
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    September 2017

herbst0015.gif= 7 Days AF

thumbs_up_smiley.gif= 14 days AF

Smilies_Bananas_ChristmasDancing.gif8CQgb2mkiIjrD5QXE4a1XWPiYIwvLvTgCzyw9l4c6TIzsgB9XkRNIw==.gif= 21 days AF

DancingGrape.gif= 28 days AF

cloud9.gif= 31 days AF

kicking.gif= Target Achieved

dancegirl2.gif= Target Beaten

Alcohol Free Days

Arkers 4/TF
    Barny1979 9/25herbst0015.gif

CathyBird 12/21herbst0015.gif
    CuppaTea 8/18 herbst0015.gif

Eltee
    /18

ElusiveLucy
    4/10
    Honey Bear 12/30 herbst0015.gif

MaggieM 2 /15

Maman
    4/10
    Poor Single Lady 7/24
    herbst0015.gif

Pricey
    /20

PurpleMumof2 3/10

Shaggy 6/21

StepUpToThePl8 /5

StichyWitchy 1/15

SukeyBoo
    2/10

WBF 6/21

Everyone Welcome! It's never too late to join....

Please highlight your AFDs in Red

Don't hesitate to let me know if I've made a mistake!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Another good reading this morning - nearing 3 pounds. I can't believe how bad I've let things get!!!

Fantastic!! :cool:
  • ElusiveLucy
    Options
    When I get back from my trip next week I am going back on a diet so that will restrict my drinking on my non-AF days. I am at the stage where I have nothing to wear that I feel comfortable in and I'm at my heaviest ever weight - that is really bad. I am not going to buy larger clothes, so I need to get through the next couple of weeks and I will do it, I am determined. I hope that lasts!
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well declaring early last Thursday didn't work. My plan was to get a take away and have it at the hotel in my room. Thursday was the night the takeaway was shut so ended up in a Greek restaurant and could not resist the free ouzo so carried on to drink a glass of wine too. However was much worse on Friday night, a planned night for drinking when drinking less rather went out of the window. Must get back to trying especially as I have put lots of weight on and feel rather blimp like and uncomfortable too.

This week have been AF Monday and tonight so now 3/15 please Shaggy
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    7/21 for me today. Sleep well everyone.
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had a serious wobble today between 5-7pm. It was touch and go. I was feeling stressed. A friend offered to bring round wine, but I declined. Put the kettle on instead. That moment of desire was actually short lived but it was really strong.

So 9/18 please shaggy. Half way! ��
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'll call in early for tomorrow too actually as I'm driving.

10/18 please shaggy
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family