Debt Payment Plan (DAS) PCP car finance

Options
Just entered into a debt payment plan under DAS in Scotland.

My vehicle is on PCP (not included on plan) and the PCP agreement ends next year. Will i just have to hand the vehicle back? or is there any chance I may be able to get a new vehicle and carry on with monthly payments?

Need a vehicle for work.

Comments

• bbelt
    bbelt Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone shed any light?
  • hmg92
    Options
    I'm currently in a DAS which is due to end in Feb 18, we've not long had a baby and our current car (non financed) is just far to small! We need a new car but would need to take it on PCP just wondering if you know if this is available while in a DAS
  • coolcait
    coolcait Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    hmg92 wrote: »
    I'm currently in a DAS which is due to end in Feb 18, we've not long had a baby and our current car (non financed) is just far to small! We need a new car but would need to take it on PCP just wondering if you know if this is available while in a DAS

Hi

Congratulations on the new baby! :)

Here's a link to the reply I gave to bbelt on the 'Ask a StepChange counsellor' thread. The same approach goes for your situation.

Good luck!

Forgot the link... D'oh. Here it is now http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72986974&postcount=1152
  • nomoneytoday
    Options
    Presumably once the PCP goes back, you'd be looking at a cheaper car, in the same way as if there wasn't a new expensive vehicle on your drive at the start of the plan?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure