Blowing in the Winds of Change

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy New Home Robin! So lovely to have you and CD back.

Glad to hear you had a safe journey and made sensible decisions (would you ever not?!) re MH guy and Mum.

You must be enjoying the divo company too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray Robin and CD are back :) Fabulous!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    edited 30 July 2016 at 7:37AM
    Options
    Thank you for joining in, dear MSE friends from m' last diary Lucky and Sun.A, and welcome also to Bob. :hello:

Yes Lucky, it's lovely to spend some time with Divo Four again - although he keeps dropping dark hints that I won't be allowed to attend his graduation unless I've aquired a posh frock beforehand! Apparently I'll have to sit in the front row because he's been chosen to make the closing speech which is a huge honour, so am not allowed to risk showing him up.. :o
    Reckon kitting me out respectably is a job for Divo Three's Gorgeous Girlfriend; she's got excellent taste and loves shopping (unlike yours truly, lol). She has also won a place in m' heart by refering to me as "Ma" - DS3 had better not muck up their relationship or he'll find himself disowned in short order! :cool:

This evening was very interesting. Can't remember most people's names yet; we're a pretty mixed bunch. Our hosts provided supper alongside the lecturer's introduction, which was unexpectedly generous of them and a great way to begin bonding. The chap camped behind us is indeed a fine fellow; he and DS4 are closest in age - a friendship is budding there already. :)

Tomorrow begins earlier than I'm usually compos mentis, so it's time to unroll m' bed as I've just been warned 'lights out' will be in fifteen minutes' time (who is the parent here, may I ask? :rotfl:)!
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My grown children all think they are in charge. I have to nip the more bossy ones ever once in a while. :D
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    edited 30 July 2016 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote:
    Hooray Robin and CD are back Fabulous!

You flatterer, Sun.A! :D
    ..But seriously, it's great to have rejoined you all - really missed the feedback from everyone on MSE over the last seven months. ;)
    My grown children all think they are in charge. I have to nip the more bossy ones ever once in a while. :D

Hi Mila - perhaps your experience is the more normal - especially as we slowly lose our strength with age, just as our youngsters approach the prime of their lives? :think:
    My lot don't usually throw their weight around though, which could be why DS4's 'order' surprised me last night?

Clever Dog decided she absolutely must have a cuddle - at five ayem! So after hanging out of bed while she curled around my hand until the appendage went numb, I decided maybe she could be right; it was a good time to get up - give m'self a few hours to wake up properly before todays' studies begin. :)

This morning we have enjoyed a glorious sunny dawn. The bees are already buzzing about, making up for not being able to forage properly in the drizzle yesterday - we've been warned to keep a respectful distance today, until they've had a chance to sate their hunger. :)
    There are now half a dozen tents scattered around the camping field, and a retired couple in a rented motor-home (apparently a last-minute substitute after their own suffered a break-down en route - am hoping for a sneaky peak inside at some point as it's a top-of-the-range model; makes our dear ol' campervan look positively dowdy!).
  • Dansmam
    Dansmam Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Robin! Sounds idyllic there - as a long time sufferer of campervan envy please post details if they let you look in. Weeding day here today and I'll keep a bee count as DD posts on some insect research site. Happy beekeeping!
    I have borrowed from my future self
    The banks are not our friends
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Robin

Welcome back, :wave: I lurked on your old thread, posted evey now and then, as I love your style of writing.

I love reading about the Nest, and so wish I had been nearer to k**k the !!! out of the old gardener who you left in charge............

If you ever need any where to park up for a day or two, my drive is available, well it, will be if I move cars and motorbike, think near Milton Keynes type area, and there is an aldi near by!

Good luck with your course and travels.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely to see you back.

I too love your writing style, but also want deal sternly with those who cross you, you sound too lovely to upset. love to hear about the Divos, could we have a quick recap of what they're up to, and you too! for the benefit of us with bad memories and new readers?if you feel comfortable sharing that info?.

Enjoy the course
    Carolbee
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :wave: Robin!!

Glad you have decided to start a new diary, it's so lovely to read what you, CD and family have been up to.

Hope your beekeeping course goes well today.
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just caught up :)
    Hope the Bee keeping course is going well Robin - something I've always been fascinated with. We have bees of our own - they live in our roof under the tiles and have been there for many years. We called someone out to see if they could take the queen bee away, but it would have meant stripping the roof and lots of cost!
    I have no idea if they might damage the roof. or how big the colony (is that the right word?) is now, it's been there as long as we have - over 2 decades!

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport