The "no frills, no gremlins (hopefully)" cross-stitch cafe

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    *PHEW* I would hate the new thread to get into trouble!

sweetcarer's been around the thread since the beginning, I'd be pretty confident anything she posts is good.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Two of my favourite things, a shiny new thread and cake :rotfl:
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    sweetcarer's been around the thread since the beginning, I'd be pretty confident anything she posts is good.

Good point! I do get antsy as a group I was in (yahoo group) was closed down because of illegal sharing
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Thank you chicky for the shiny new thread and the yummy cake

Thank you sweetcarer for the free cupcake chart

moments love the projects you posted on the old thread and what a great bargain buy
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    thanks for starting this new thread ! I lingered on the old one long enough to admire everyone's work, such lovely stitching.

Not done any stitching for a couple of weeks as I've been busy catching up in the garden.

I'm going to prep a new project this weekend so I can sew while watching Wimbledon every afternoon for the next 2 weeks.

have a good weekend everyone

Linda xx
  • Thank heavens I got to the bottom of the thread before posting this reply :rotfl: Thanks for the cakes ladies ;)

No problems Flat Eric, enjoy stitching when you find the one! :D

nmm, that was me... Ohh not too bad stitching in colour rather than greyscale :)

Dragon, ohh what have you been knitting?

FOS, I never find anything here sticthy related in CS's its odd that I find them on holiday. I have never heard of the magazine before there was quite a pile that I sorted through while Mum tryed on some clothes. I liked a few others but asside from taking the whole pile home. I love that Mr Darcy :D The sticth I want to do is blackwork... My first :eek:

Undecided on writing tbh, I wanted everyones opinions really :o I orrigially thought of putting happy 30th birthday surronding the heart only I think now it will make the piece look tacky. So I am thinking about putting a mini card on the back of the framed piece. *unsure*

Moments, wow you have been busy! Love, love, love the heart on the bottom right, so dainty. What a fab ebay find!!

JCS, fab framed pieces, the cows are my fave on that cottage picture. So realistic.

The heart will get finished this weekend.... Prob Sunday though :rotfl:
  • winniepooh
    winniepooh Posts: 943 Forumite
    Oooh new thread:j

Well im up and off to work now. .....its miserable weather so when I finish at 4pm its cross stitch all the way. ......hopefully.
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • ERICS_MUM wrote: »
    thanks for starting this new thread ! I lingered on the old one long enough to admire everyone's work, such lovely stitching.

Not done any stitching for a couple of weeks as I've been busy catching up in the garden.

I'm going to prep a new project this weekend so I can sew while watching Wimbledon every afternoon for the next 2 weeks.

have a good weekend everyone

Linda xx

What a wonderful plan. Sounds like heaven:D. Do you only stitch between games ?
  • Thank heavens I got to the bottom of the thread before posting this reply :rotfl: Thanks for the cakes ladies ;)

No problems Flat Eric, enjoy stitching when you find the one! :D

nmm, that was me... Ohh not too bad stitching in colour rather than greyscale :)

Dragon, ohh what have you been knitting?

FOS, I never find anything here sticthy related in CS's its odd that I find them on holiday. I have never heard of the magazine before there was quite a pile that I sorted through while Mum tryed on some clothes. I liked a few others but asside from taking the whole pile home. I love that Mr Darcy :D The sticth I want to do is blackwork... My first :eek:

Undecided on writing tbh, I wanted everyones opinions really :o I orrigially thought of putting happy 30th birthday surronding the heart only I think now it will make the piece look tacky. So I am thinking about putting a mini card on the back of the framed piece. *unsure*

Moments, wow you have been busy! Love, love, love the heart on the bottom right, so dainty. What a fab ebay find!!

JCS, fab framed pieces, the cows are my fave on that cottage picture. So realistic.

The heart will get finished this weekend.... Prob Sunday though :rotfl:
    Black work is very effective. I've only done a few small pieces but would love to do more. I liked Needlework magazine because of the variety of techniques not just xs ( sorry if that is heresy on this thread:D)

IMHO I would not stitch a birthday greeting on the heart as it may mark it out as a birthday card rather than something for permanent display Your idea of a label on the back is perfect

Just waiting for the torrential rain to ease before heading to the shops for weekly essentials
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you Chicky for the new thread :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business