Couch to 5K support thread.

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I don't like those in ear ones as they just keeping falling out :( I wondered if those sports style wrap around ones are better? or even those ones can go round the back of the head. I used to run with the in ear ones but there are more styles available cheaply now.

Think I will stick to a pair from pound land to get started then maybe buy some better ones.

sorry I can't help you with your app. I have only used NHS. It was a kind of motivator to get it finished so I could then choose my own music.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Afternoon Everyone :)

So, i bought my trainers and sports bra...so i am all set to start on Monday morning!

I'm just going to be wearing a t shirt and leggings...that'll be ok wont it?
    I dont want to spend more money on proper fitness clothes until i know i am going to stick at it.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 September 2016 at 11:09AM
    where did you get your trainers and bra from in the end? did you find anywhere to measure arches?

Thinking I might get my bra from the high street as I could do with being measured (although the last time that happened I had a bad experience :o)

T shirt and leggings are fine, I am going in old tracksuit bottoms and a normal t shirt. Previously I had build up quite a selection of fitness wear but I got rid of it all, it probably wouldn't have fitted me now anyway as I have put on a fair bit of weight since then. It all came from either the charity shops or ebay. Climate is good to look out for but not needed at this stage.

I ordered these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003A7BBRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have dug out my mp3 player and downloaded Endomondo to my phone.

All ready to go now :D
  • WantToBeSE
    where did you get your trainers and bra from in the end? did you find anywhere to measure arches?

Thinking I might get my bra from the high street as I could do with being measured (although the last time that happened I had a bad experience :o)

T shirt and leggings are fine, I am going in old tracksuit bottoms and a normal t shirt. Previously I had build up quite a selection of fitness wear but I got rid of it all, it probably wouldn't have fitted me now anyway as I have put on a fair bit of weight since then. It all came from either the charity shops or ebay. Climate is good to look out for but not needed at this stage.

I ordered these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003A7BBRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have dug out my mp3 player and downloaded Endomondo to my phone.

All ready to go now :D

I typed in the name of my nearest town and then 'running shop' and found brilliant reviews for a running shop, so i went there.
    They were really helpful and informative, told me all about the local runs, beginner running groups, what kind of feet i had etc and then i told them my budget :rotfl:

So they took me to their clearance section and i got an older model of shoe for half price.

They were also surprisingly informative about sports bras, considering they were 2 men! And because i bought both the bra and trainers from there, they knocked of £10 for me.

I am the same as you, i used to have lots of fitness wear, but it would be too small for me now. Charity shops are a good idea to find some, i hadn't thought of there.
    Maybe Ebay too. I know that Matalan have some good stuff, thats reasonably priced http://www.matalan.co.uk/womens/shop-by-category/sportswear and so do Tesco http://www.tesco.com/direct/clothing-accessories/womens-sports-clothing/cat3375577.cat?icid=clothing_flyoutlink_Womens_Sportswear and i think Sainsburys do as well https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/c/women/women-sportswear-and-joggers?INITD=GNav-WW-Sprt-Joggers&q=%3AnewArrivals&title=Sportswear%20&%20Joggers

Those ear phones look good, you'll have to let me know how you get on with them, as i think my iphone ones are on their last legs!

Are you looking forward to it?
  • WantToBeSE
    Does anyone know how i can contact a moderator and get this moved over to the fitness board?
  • I can listen to my own music on the NHS app, but you have to go through the app and select the ones that you want, but I think you can only select a certain amount- either that or I was doing it wrong (I was trying to run at the same time!)

Has anyone got any good motivating songs they use? I like to listen to sexy and I know it! haha! I like the "I work out" bit. In my head I'm like YEAH I DO! :)

Good luck to everyone starting this week! looking forward to hearing you all totally nailing it! I need some good motivation as I really struggled with my run this morning, I managed to aggrevate an old injury, hopefully will be fine with some stretching, fingers crossed!!
  • oh also forgot to say about headphones- I just use the ones that came with my iphone. they seem to stay in quite well for me. I have the ones that have a little bump on them so guessing that helps them stay in better than just a round one??
  • WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Does anyone know how i can contact a moderator and get this moved over to the fitness board?

I have never moved a thread but I think I have heard people say you need to send a message to a moderator.

I think its a good idea to move it, hopefully we will pick up a few more [STRIKE]victims [/STRIKE] participants
  • I don't know whats wrong with my ears, they are small and must be a funny shape :o my iphone headphones fall out after 5 seconds and thats without even moving! I have tried the over ear ones and whilst they aren't the most comfortable, they did stay in whilst I was walking round the house so I have high hopes for them tomorrow.

Ilovebaking - what week are you on?
    I used to have some running cds, the songs on them are chosen for their beat which is designed to keep you going at the same pace.
    I will be sticking with the basic NHS podcasts, think I remember the music on them whilst not the best at least again the beat went with what you were suppose to be doing ie walking or running.

wanttoebse - yes I am really looking forward to it, I've been feeling quite low this week, it will help with my mood. I like when I am running (will be mainly walking tomorrow but I will try to walk at a good pace) that I do just that, run and listen to the music, nothing else to think or worry about, its a good feeling :)
  • oh forgot to say hope it goes well tomorrow wantobese and to anyone else who is running tomorrow.

I will pop back tomorrow evening to see how everyone got on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure