PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I think it still gets taken off. I know when you use an extra points coupon it goes through even if the bogofs take it under the amount. HTH.
    Had to get some clothes today for DS DD and shoes for DH. Spent £40 not from the GC but still eek! Got 5 dresses for DD though and 2 pairs shoes for DS and 1 for DH.
    DS is really into Dr Who so just wants to wear baseball boots all the time, wasn't able to get boots but got little shoes, £4.50 for 2 pairs. The sale is on in Matalan if it's any help to anyone. They also have 3 for 2 on all of their school uniforms.

Don't know if anyone has any suggestions but DS is really thin (still wearing 12-18 months shorts and he's 5 in December) but also quite tall. Does anyone know where I might be able to get him some school trousers that actually fit him? Thanks, Kaz.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hiya guys,

Another NSD saved by the weather, :j :j

have two massive tom plants in conserverty that have lots of toms, but some of them are getting brown bottoms don't know why is it some type of rot or something. Growing them for mr & mrs and don't like them myself, so I've no Idea:confused:
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    I think it still gets taken off. I know when you use an extra points coupon it goes through wvwn if the bogofs take it under the amount. HTH.
    Had to get some clothes today for DS DD and shoes for DH. Spent £40 not from the GC but still eek! Got 5 dresses for DD though and 2 pairs shoes for DS and 1 for DH.
    DS is really into Dr Who so just wants to wear baseball boots all the time, wasn't able to get boots but got little shoes, £4.50 for 2 pairs. The sale is on in Matalan if it's any help to anyone. They also have 3 for 2 on all of their school uniforms.

Don't know if anyone has any suggestions but DS is really thin (still wearing 12-18 months shorts and he's 5 in December) but also quite tall. Does anyone know where I might be able to get him some school trousers that actually fit him? Thanks, Kaz.

Thank you.

Do you have an sctual school uniform shop anywhere near you (cant think of their proper name - maybe ask your school) otherwise there is this place online www.schooluniformshop.co.uk or google school uniform shops then the name of the area you live in.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    mummygems, I know what you mean I had same probs with ds1 years ago, what i did was buy some elastic and sew the end inside the back of the trsouers and a button in the inside of the front side (one each side) and then cut a button hole and thread elastic through (sounds loads harder than it is). HTH

Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    I will dish up our dinner tonight then freeze remainder for another time - should get about 6-8 servings out of it.

Would that be safe? You said the meat has been cooked and frozen already, so can you cook it and freeze it again. It would end up being cooked 3 times :eek:. Just concerned for your health, not being a know-it-all :D. I might copy your idea and use soya mince (though DH does like a bottom on his pie :D)
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    dink1 wrote: »
    mummygems, I know what you mean I had same probs with ds1 years ago, what i did was buy some elastic and sew the end inside the back of the trsouers and a button in the inside of the front side (one each side) and then cut a button hole and thread elastic through (sounds loads harder than it is). HTH

Dink1

Yes, thanks, most of them have this already in now but they end up all odd shaped and cut into him! Can't win can we, I'll just have to fatten him up :rotfl: .
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    zoe260373 wrote: »
    hiya dont know if this will be of any use but B&Q have fridges on offer at£86 which i know is still a lot but not much more than your repair job and at least it would be covered for 12 months,pity your not closer to me as i have an itergrated one spare,hth,sorry if its of no use though.x

aw thanx hun.its actually my fridge freezer thats broken....the freezer bit's fine, its just the fridge isn't getting cold enough. apparently it needs a new sensor :confused: but thanx for thinkin of me, that means a lot :A
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite

I had a similar sort of problem with my DS. When he was in year 2 he was shorter than all the children in reception! He only comes up to the shoulder of the boys in his year (4). He was also wearing 18month shorts at the age of 4.

I do buy the adjustable waist ones for him and they are usually on the smallest they can go (he's nearly 9 and is wearing age 7 atm). They're not perfect though as they do tend to cut in and end up with lots of gathers at the back. I don't suppose you are a dab hand with a sewing machine are you? You could run up a couple of pairs for him.;)
  • mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359 Forumite
    Yes, thanks, most of them have this already in now but they end up all odd shaped and cut into him! Can't win can we, I'll just have to fatten him up :rotfl: .

Just had another thought Tesco kiddies clothes have the adjustable bits in them to tighten the waist - dont know if they would do the right kind of shorts though.

Never thought that school uniforms could be such a nightmare (thankfully I have a few years before my eldest goes to school lol).
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hmmmm, I need a mascarpone recipe too MrsM, was hoping to make some sort of cheesecake concoction.....any ideas anyone ?
    Also still looking for a recipe for Lemon Chicken, an oriental type with the sticky lemony sauce. I could try to make up my own but it might not go to plan....:rolleyes:
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure