Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    simone10 wrote: »
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only £1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Saw them earlier and was sort of tempted lol. I usually wear something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empress-Multifunctional-Neckwarm-Motorcyle-neckwarmer/dp/B076NXJSJX/ref=sr_1_7?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1512511317&sr=1-7&keywords=biker+scarf
    and pull it up over my mouth n nose. I feel silly enough doing that, so goodness know how I would feel with the balaclava lol
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Scotland/England again then :(

Can the kiddies bring some back on their next unsupervised outing? :D

Good evening Elite. Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Great to see some more long-losters popping by!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    Oh what, did you do?

Dropped a glass jar on it. I can’t upgrade until March it’s driving me mad already x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!

Cant get it to work.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • picked up a womble dated 09/11 not sure if it's still relevant in the terms of APG. Can't remember if they compare that price or todays prices. Let me know if it's any use.

Either way here's one from today v M
    1x ASDA Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs (450g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Italian Beef Lasagne (450g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Little Angels Moisture Rich Baby Bath (500ml) £0.87 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x ASDA Pomegranate & Raspberry Leaf Washing Up Liquid (500ml) £0.50 N/A
    1x Pot Noodle Chicken & Mushroom (90g) £0.50 £0.75
    1x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipes 0+ Months (64pk) £0.55 £0.56
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mozzarella Cheese (125g) £0.47 £0.47
    1x HiPP Organic Sweet Squash & Chicken Baby Food Jar 4m+ (125g) £0.70 £0.72
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Flatbread (245g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price 8 Pork Sausage Rolls (480g) £1.10 £1.00
    1x ASDA Cookie Pie (each) £3.00 N/A
    1x Wagon Wheels Original (6pk) £0.75 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen By Kids Bangers & Beans Pie (300g) £1.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Italian Tuna Conchiglie Bake (450g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price No Added Sugar Apple & Blackcurrant Double Strength Squash (750ml) £0.42 N/A
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Evening Llovelies

Exhausting but productive day :D

Radio therapy course of 6 weeks, including a chemo alternative starting asap.
    Mask needs to be made, an MRI to be done with diazepam taken.
    PEG to be fitted..
    All happening hopefully this week in Cardiff....

She will be staying in a self help centre nearby for the 6 weeks :)

Cancer has grown so much that if she doesn't do this now it will be too late :A

Oh & Father Christmas turned up & gave everyone Montezuma chocolates :D

and breathe :o
    And keep on breathing..........
    so hope you have positive outcomes
  • pacifica9 wrote: »
    Can the kiddies bring some back on their next unsupervised outing? :D

Good evening Elite. Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Great to see some more long-losters popping by!

It's nice to be here... Nice to see the board still moves as fast too ;-)

OH admitted on the A run that she'd actually missed this... WHAT ON EARTH :rotfl: even planning on setting alarms to check during the middle of the night. :eek: I'm scared.
  • gocat wrote: »
    Saw them earlier and was sort of tempted lol. I usually wear something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empress-Multifunctional-Neckwarm-Motorcyle-neckwarmer/dp/B076NXJSJX/ref=sr_1_7?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1512511317&sr=1-7&keywords=biker+scarf
    and pull it up over my mouth n nose. I feel silly enough doing that, so goodness know how I would feel with the balaclava lol

Guess you could look scarier... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tubular-Protective-Motorcycle-Polyester-Snowboard/dp/B00NBNV3OU/ref=pd_sim_200_6/259-2273231-4176900?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VH5917K3BDHKEG30BWK2 :rotfl:
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: ouch

:o I can feel that :o - when we was children we were playing in a friend's Dad's shed that was strictly Off Bounds ....

I knocked a garden fork (large size) off its hook on the wall & it fell down & embedded a good 2" into my heel - I had to pull it out :eek:
    The Mum said it served me right for being in there :o:o

My Mum had to take me to the Cottage Hospital in Horley. My main worry was having to take off my jumper to have a tetanus jab as I had nothing on underneath :o:o
    Never mind the cleaning of wound & stitches :o

In my 'yoof' as a student in Leeds I worked in a bar and after serving George Chisholm (are you old enough to remember him) I cut my knee on a glass - tetanus jab in the arm, couldn't move for 5 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure