Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    With regards to PA, on the account page check that there is a green blob that says 'verified' under the user details heading. If it's red and says 'unknown' send them a message. This is what happened to me, I had a flag on my account, for no reason. Now it's been lifted I'm getting surveys again.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With regards to PA, on the account page check that there is a green blob that says 'verified' under the user details heading. If it's red and says 'unknown' send them a message. This is what happened to me, I had a flag on my account, for no reason. Now it's been lifted I'm getting surveys again.

Thank you. Mine is showing as verified in the green blob so no idea why I'm not getting any surveys!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Hmmm wonder what's going on then.?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Hmmm wonder what's going on then.?

I've sent them a message to ask, to see whether I'm just being unlucky or whether there's a reason!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    What a rubbish night's sleep. Ds1 woke at midnight needing the toilet, and decided he needed to tell me. Then Dh was snoring far worse than usual. That kept me awake for almost 2 hours until he ended up sleeping elsewhere!! :mad: I'm already looking forward to bedtime tonight!!

I did an account check at some stupid time, and also twigged that despite the fact I'm putting money into savings each month for things that we want, we're not actually adding to our long term/big savin that aren't being touched. I've decided to play around with our budget and send just £20 a month there for now, which is a start. We've then got 3 lots of savings - emergency fund for if the car breaks down or the washing machine stops working, savings for things we want such as a new shed/decorate the boys bedroom, and then our bigger/not being touched/retirement/boys weddings/losing our jobs savings. Will adjust that on the budget when I have breakfast.

Right.......today. It should be a nsd. I'm at work all day. I was going to a Christmas shopping event tonight, but my friend who I was going with isn't well so I'm now not going! It works out for the best as I won't be tempted to spend!! I took meat out of the freezer last night for dinner, so that's sorted.

Time to jump in the shower!
  • Hi!

Just a quick question about your after school club fees - do you use childcare vouchers? We use them for our breakfast club and after school club fees and it saves us loads of money.

:-)
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Hi!

Just a quick question about your after school club fees - do you use childcare vouchers? We use them for our breakfast club and after school club fees and it saves us loads of money.

:-)

To be honest I'm not 100% sure how it all works, but don't think it would work for us. We're in Wales so we don't pay for our breakfast club, and I don't think the after school club accept them. Also, does it mean paying less tax on wages? I earn just under the tax threshold, and dh is self employed. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I'm always very open to ideas.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I got a response from Prolific. No issues on the account, I'm just being unlucky I guess!

My friend who was too poorly to go to the Christmas shopping event actually decided she fancied it. I'm pleased to say I didn't spend a penny though!!

For someone who spends half her life on banking sites and apps checking my accounts, I actually managed to lock myself out! I've been on the phone this evening and have just sorted it. Muppet!!

I'm very pleased it's Friday tomorrow. It's Children in Need so I've put money in an envelope for ds1 to take to school. They're also selling cakes at the end of the day so I've warned dh to take money when he's collecting ds!!

Our weekend plans keep changing, but I think it will actually work out cheaper now than before, which is good. It will mean I can throw the spare money into savings (or Christmas!!).

We're getting our new boiler next week. Apparently it will be a 2 day job, so no hot water/heating for one night. Dh and ds2 may go to mils for the night as she looks after ds2 the second day. This is quite a warm house so me and ds1 should be fine for 1 night!

Right, I'm going to snuggle into my pjs, under the blanket on the sofa and watch Rich House Poor House!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Friday :j

The weeks go so fast!! One more day of work and then 4 days off :)

I've checked the bank accounts and ynab this morning. We've got £15 of our budget to last us until tonight :j It's nice having money left over at the end of the week. I've got money budgeted for the weekend, and we should be home all day Sunday which makes things cheaper!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    :j weekend!!

We've spent our weekly budget. Finished it off with chippy and a bottle of wine!! Next week's budget starts tomorrow, and I think it's the first time we've actually spent our whole weekly budget! :j And, I've got wine left for tomorrow night!!

Our food shop is coming tomorrow morning, and shouldn't be too expensive so we could have a little more than usual left next week. About £50 ish I think. I've budgeted separately for this weekend's activities and I'm hoping we'll have a little left over. Dh suggested an extra activity or 2 tomorrow, but I've persuaded him against it as the boys will just be super tired, and there's no need to fill every second with activities.

At the moment we're home all day Sunday (though Dh is talking about heading out to work) so it'll be a lazy and low/no spend day (my favourite!!).

I've updated ynab this evening, and checked the accounts so all up to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts