Vanquis - 5th Month Limit Increase

12346»

Comments

• T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 12:25PM
    Matty17 wrote: »
    I started with a £200 limit on Cap one in May last year. Now on 600 as I opened a new account and consilidated it. That seems the only way to get a increase with them. Im hoping soon my Aqua and Barclaycard will get limit increases as they are both now just over three months old.

If you successfully apply for a new Capital One credit card and you’ve already got one, do you ring them up instantly to consolidate the credit limit? If so, do they accept the request every time or is it a decision based request?

Do they still send the plastic card out if you phone them up straight away or do they simply consolidate and leave it at that? Does it take a month for the new limit to consolidate?
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • T-G-C wrote: »
    If you successfully apply for a new Capital One credit card and you’ve already got one, do you ring them up instantly to consolidate the credit limit? If so, do they accept the request every time or is it a decision based request?

Do they still send the plastic card out if you phone them up straight away or do they simply consolidate and leave it at that? Does it take a month for the new limit to consolidate?

I sent them a "secure message" via my online account of my existing card and they carried out the consolidation.

They still send out a PIN and Card for the new card.

It depends which way yo consolidate as well - old onto new or vice versa - so you may need the new card and PIN
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    In my experience, Vanquis like you to use the card close to the limit then pay it off each month in full, then they seem to give out increases.

Sure it varies a lot though depending on your individual circumstances, but you certainly seem to need to use a reasonable % of your limit then pay it off I think for them to take note if you have a low limit and want it increased.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    GM1880 wrote: »
    In my experience, Vanquis like you to use the card close to the limit then pay it off each month in full, then they seem to give out increases.

Sure it varies a lot though depending on your individual circumstances, but you certainly seem to need to use a reasonable % of your limit then pay it off I think for them to take note if you have a low limit and want it increased.

I don’t n;t want to disagree with the often excellent advice of clear balance in full for limit increases.
    As I’m not in a pay off in full status for a while yet.

I have had limit increase successes with Vanquis Chrome +2 Aqua cards.
    Making payments on time and often staying below 50% is used credit works well for me.
    And I’ve used 1 or 2 small cash withdrawals which hasn’t affected recent increase at all.
    Pay on time every time -maybe a few quid above minimum if unable to clear in full.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I don’t n;t want to disagree with the often excellent advice of clear balance in full for limit increases.
    As I’m not in a pay off in full status for a while yet.

I have had limit increase successes with Vanquis Chrome +2 Aqua cards.
    Making payments on time and often staying below 50% is used credit works well for me.
    And I’ve used 1 or 2 small cash withdrawals which hasn’t affected recent increase at all.
    Pay on time every time -maybe a few quid above minimum if unable to clear in full.

Certainly wouldn't say that's an unreasonable tactic either, but they certainly want you to have a reasonable balance on the monthly statement. Whether you pay off in full or in part is something I'm not sure about, but having a sizable statement balance seems important.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    GM1880 wrote: »

I have done exactly that - use the balance (as close to 30p off my £250 limit) and then paid the balance in full. I’ve done every month since I got the card in August - they’ve never made interest out of me and maximise my usage of the credit limit to its absolute full.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    T-G-C wrote: »
    I have done exactly that - use the balance (as close to 30p off my £250 limit) and then paid the balance in full. I’ve done every month since I got the card in August - they’ve never made interest out of me and maximise my usage of the credit limit to its absolute full.

I don't think there is a magic formula to get an increase, just spend and pay back on time.

Give it time some time and increases or better cards will become available :)
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 March 2018 at 10:20PM
    2nd Chrome increase e-mail today.
    2k limit to 2.5k from 26th April.
    Thankfuly I haven't attempted to use.as contactless yet`!
    Edited -Vanquis since sent a text-I accepted increase which is applied in 2 business days-that's very modern:)
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure