Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Comments

• Hi pwps!

Catching up after a week away. Hope DH has continued to behave and the DC have enjoyed camping. Are you away to join them this weekend? Have fun Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hope all is okay x
  • Good morning and sorry for being absent.

It has been an eventful few weeks as at the end of August I was diagnosed with cancer, luckily it was caught earlyish and I have been in and out of hospital being prodded and poked, had to have surgery and i'm off work slowly getting better. I can't drive and at points been in quite a lot of pain. But the docs are optimistic that they have got it all, so I am looking forward and telling myself that everything is going to be ok.

So as you can imagine finances have gone slightly out of the window, although no debt has increased and minimums have been paid on everything, I have been unable to make any extra money, but as I am starting to feel better I need to start getting back on top of spending and budgeting.

The first thing I've done is make a 2 week meal plan and had have a huge order coming from Mr M (can't drive or lift and DH is back at work and I would rather he spent time with me than trailing around a1di on a Saturday morning, so food budget may be slightly more than usual). Ordered big packs of washing powder/toilet rolls and lots of bread/milk to freeze so hopefully we won't run out until next shop. This is coming tonight when DH is about to put everything away, I can sit at the dining table and check everything off.
    Budget has been sorted and lists made, managed to list a couple of bits on £bay yesterday, but I can't do to much as I get tired quickly.

Hopefully I will get on everyday and keep posting, hope everyone is ok.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Oh, Penny, welcome back, I have missed you!

I’m so sorry you’ve had a rough few months, but pleased to read that things are positive.
  • chanie wrote: »
    Oh, Penny, welcome back, I have missed you!

I’m so sorry you’ve had a rough few months, but pleased to read that things are positive.

Thankyou Chanie, it has been rough especially on the children, but we are positive.
    It has made me reflect on life, what's important and those that are important. I have also found out who my real friends are and who have just been coming along for the ride, it has been particularly upsetting at times and there are going to be people that are now not as welcome in my life as before and others that I wouldn't have called close friends that have done so much and been so caring that I will be forever grateful for. It has certainly sorted the chaf from the wheat. x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • So sorry to hear how things have been. I hope everything goes well and its nice to see you back posting.

Take care x
  • So sorry to hear how things have been. I hope everything goes well and its nice to see you back posting.

Take care x

Hi HI, thankyou for posting, I'm glad to be back and i'm feeling focused again.
    I hope things are ok with you, sorry I havn't had chance to catch up with your diary yet, but I will get across.xx
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good for you!

Whilst illness is horrible, when you come out the other side, it can give you a new perspective. Don’t dwell on your past relationships, but look forward to the future.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi PWPS,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I'm glad you're back at home and recuperating. Hope recovery continues to go well!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • lcc86 wrote: »
    Hi PWPS,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I'm glad you're back at home and recuperating. Hope recovery continues to go well!

Thankyou xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure