New Fidelity website

Options
Has anyone logged onto Fidelity to find the site has ben updated, if I log onto my account its the old style. But if my wife logs in its a new style. Confusing as I would expect both to be the same.

Comments

• talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My bookmark is still original style.
  • K23
    K23 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 21 September 2017 at 3:12PM
    Options
    I had an email about a week ago from them: "Your preview of our new website and services". Its their next generation platform which will eventually (its not clear when) include share dealing. I first received an email at the start of 2017, saying that they are rolling this out to some customers, but after calling them I understand that I did not make the first cut due to transactions in progress. I understand that its a phased rollout, according to the last sentence of my latest email I am in the next batch:

"You'll know the new services are available when you receive a follow-up email and an additional statement showing any transactions since your previous statement. We'll also be making further enhancements to our services in the months to come."

It looks like it was rolled out to your wife before you as you have different customer IDs.
  • digannio
    Options
    Hopefully Fidelity will address some of the basic issues that can make them frustrating to deal with. One is the fact that when you add a lump sum to an ISA with a debit card it takes several days before the money in the ISA cash park is freed up to invest. It should be fairly immediate in this day and age. Another problem is that they won't take fees from the ISA cash park and you can't just pay fees with a card. They insist on selling units from your largest holding to cover fees whether it's what you want or not. All very annoying. They could learn something from HL when it comes to making things easy and flexible for customers.
  • frankie
    Options
    I have been on the 'new' system for some time and find very poor in terms of clarity, dealing and layout. I've been in contact with their web support team in order to clarify various aspects but have not been impressed.
  • greenglide
    Options
    My wife and i have accounts with Fidelity and my wife's account was upgraded at the weekend.

Overall I am less than overwhelmed!

It seems a typical layout these days with little actually on the screen, current data is shown on a floating window and everything has to be located with a few links.

I actually like the old layout with its list of top level functions on the life which opens to sub menu as appropriate.

They are making changes in the way that dividends are processed (an option to select monthly payment dates and an option to select whether to reinvest, add to the cash account or pay out on an individual holding basis). They also are improving the handling of the cash account.

These are necessary improvements IMHO and I might put up with the layout of the screens!
  • satrdayboy_2
    Options
    We have both ISAs and SiPPs in our accounts, what i find odd is that for ISA accounts it shows the percentage increase, but for SIPP accounts it shows just a figure. It is in my interest to see how much the SIPP is increasing/decreasing.
  • MPN
    MPN Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    digannio wrote: »
    Another problem is that they won't take fees from the ISA cash park and you can't just pay fees with a card. They insist on selling units from your largest holding to cover fees whether it's what you want or not. All very annoying.

I think you are wrong on this - you can now hold cash and if you do then they won't sell any of your investments to cover fees.

Fidelity has wrote to me on two occasions to inform me of their 'new online share dealing service' and also to introduce the 'new enhanced cash facilities' and on both occasions it states 'You can hold cash in all your accounts. This will give you greater flexibility when managing your investments. For example, you can keep your investment income in your account as cash (rather than having it paid out or reinvested) and if you keep enough cash in your account, we won't need to sell any of your investments to pay your fees'.
  • digannio
    digannio Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 September 2017 at 4:29PM
    Options
    I keep cash in the isa cash park and it has never been used by them to take fees and it still isnt now. I called them a few months ago to ask if this was possible and they said no but they were looking to introduce that facility. I have had no communication to say this has changed and this month they continued to sell units for the fees. If this has changed they certainly havent done a good job in telling all their customers. But then that wouldnt really surprise me.
  • MPN
    MPN Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    digannio wrote: »
    I keep cash in the isa cash park and it has never been used by them to take fees and it still isnt now. I called them a few months ago to ask if this was possible and they said no but they were looking to introduce that facility. I have had no communication to say this has changed and this month they continued to sell units for the fees. If this has changed they certainly havent done a good job in telling all their customers. But then that wouldnt really surprise me.

OK point taken but maybe the cash facility will only become available when the system has all been changed, but as I said, that is what they stated in the two letters that I received.
  • digannio
    digannio Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 September 2017 at 5:02PM
    Options
    MPN, can I ask, is your account a SIPP or an ISA? Fidelity's current website states this regarding deduction of fees....

For ISA accounts, the service fee will normally be taken from your largest holding by value. For SIPP accounts, the service fee will be taken from your SIPP Cash Account and where there is not enough money, we will take the shortfall from your largest holding by value.

This seems to indicate that what I stated above regarding the deduction of fees is correct for those holding Isas with Fidelity as it stands at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure