PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    B-h*ll Mr LR Rep. You're not still in the office are you?

Hope they pay you overtime rates!
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    G_M wrote: »
    B-h*ll Mr LR Rep. You're not still in the office are you?

Hope they pay you overtime rates!

LOL - We don't like to let the e-gap get too large between comments if we can help it. And it had been a 'tough day' trying to help some homeowners and this forum can be quite cathartic but no extra monies earned
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Good to hear.

Hope you feel better soon and they are able to remove the catheter.

Hugs!
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    "remove the catheter"

I've heard of thread drift before but from LR issues to urology is quite something.
  • pernes
    pernes Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If I was to ask for 35 copies of leases would there be a cheaper price?
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    Could the Land Registry please advise what the current wait time is for title plans to be updated? There was a dispute over a strip of land next to a house we are purchasing. I understand that the seller and their neighbour have reached an agreement and that the paperwork was sent early last week. We were planning to complete around 10th September, but have been told it may be closer to the 22nd now due to delays with the land registry.

Can Land Registry please help. I have tried emailing but had no response. We are still being delayed on our house purchase until the title plan is updated. As I understand it, the neighbour disagreed with the plan drawn up by the land registry and sent back an amended plan, which land registry have declined. However, the neighbour has now stopped responding and even his solicitor has said she is unable to contact him. The vendor thinks the neighbour is deliberately trying to block the sale (I don't know why he would). Would there be a time limit that if the neighbour doesn't respond we can proceed on the basis of the plan Land Registry have drawn up?
  • Land_Registry
    pernes wrote: »
    If I was to ask for 35 copies of leases would there be a cheaper price?

No - same price for each
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    edited 9 October 2017 at 8:35AM
    Can Land Registry please help. I have tried emailing but had no response. We are still being delayed on our house purchase until the title plan is updated. As I understand it, the neighbour disagreed with the plan drawn up by the land registry and sent back an amended plan, which land registry have declined. However, the neighbour has now stopped responding and even his solicitor has said she is unable to contact him. The vendor thinks the neighbour is deliberately trying to block the sale (I don't know why he would). Would there be a time limit that if the neighbour doesn't respond we can proceed on the basis of the plan Land Registry have drawn up?

The application would not be left open indefinitely but we would need to decide if we go with the new plan suggested by us or revert to what was for example already registered.
    Your seller should contact us to query position and timescales
    Can you tell me when you emailed us please as we should always reply and the email address/form used?
  • LdnFtB
    LdnFtB Posts: 100 Forumite
    Hello, Mx Land Registry.

What's the timescale like at the moment for dealing with a Deed of Rectification? Our seller and their freeholder have finally managed to to draw up a draft Deed of Variation to correct a defective lease (the title plan showed the wrong flat in the block). How long can we expect to wait after they've submitted it?

I've heard the process can be expedited - how long will it take if they do that?
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    The application would not be left open indefinitely but we would need to decide if we go with the new plan suggested by us or revert to what was for example already registered.
    Your seller should contact us to query position and timescales
    Can you tell me when you emailed us please as we should always reply an d the email address/form used?

Thanks for the reply. I have emailed customer.service@landregistry.gov.uk and citizencentre.walesoffice@landregistry.gov.uk on 28/9, 3/10 & 5/10. I haven't had a response to any of the emails.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback