Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• harz99 wrote: »
    You'll get more response if you start a separate thread instead of posting here...

He has, and he did :beer:
  • Like PhilStation, MABLE and adam81, my switch date was also 06/11/17.

No email or funds yet.

70 days is next Monday, so hopefully it will arrive soon and I can then get rid of that gawd awful app.

Sick of seeing a back-flipping chicken every time I check my accounts!

I can get the same Pots feature, without chickens, with Starling!
  • R34GTT
    R34GTT Posts: 424 Forumite

70 days is next Monday, so hopefully it will arrive soon and I can then get rid of that gawd awful app.

Sick of seeing a back-flipping chicken every time I check my accounts!

I can get the same Pots feature, without chickens, with Starling!

Agreed, seems very unprofessional, Halifax’s app is annoying enough with an ugly dog greeting me every time I open the app :(

Not to forget TSB with their cheesy little animations depending on time of day.
  • Aw man. I paid in the 1st 1000 before the switch. I though it was the first 31 days after opening.
    I guess that counts me out?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Aw man. I paid in the 1st 1000 before the switch. I though it was the first 31 days after opening.
    I guess that counts me out?

Possibly depending on your switch date and when you paid your 2nd £1000
  • I paid the first 100 in before switch. Switch was on 15/11, 2nd 1000 was paid in on 19/12.

I thought the 1000's could be paid in when the account opened and the 2nd 31 days after opening account.
  • BoGoF
    Unfortunately you do not appear to meet the conditions then. Didn't you get an e-mail from Clydesdale with a 'checklist'. To be fair to them it did clearly state the first £1000 was 31 days from the switch date.
  • BoGoF wrote: »
    Unfortunately you do not appear to meet the conditions then. Didn't you get an e-mail from Clydesdale with a 'checklist'. To be fair to them it did clearly state the first £1000 was 31 days from the switch date.
    Yeah, I just checked it in my emails now. Ahhhh. I guess I was just thinking it was same as all other switches I've done which just required pay ins from when account opened.

Wonder can I open a 2nd account and try with that?
  • BoGoF
    Not sure if the offer is still on?

Perhaps a grovelling phone call would do the trick?
  • aah
    aah Posts: 520 Forumite
    Oh I have had a nightmare with this.
    I followed the conditions to the letter. Paid in 1000 just after the switch date checked that I had organised switching 3 dds. They refused to accept one of them. One is fine, has paid out twice since switch date. HOWEVER Yorkshire bank cancelled my other dd, (paying my Halifax cc) WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. There is loads of money in that account. I phoned them and they raised a complaint on my behalf - I havent seen the wording of that complaint but I think it centres on
    The app - it constantly tells me I have entered the wrong details and I know I havent (those details work on internet banking)
    Refusing to transfer my 3rd dd
    The worst one - cancelling my dd without my permisssion - rendering me ineligible for the incentive as it could not be reinstated in time
    Their primitive transfer rules - I can't transfer more than 500 at a time (unless I use the app which they have locked me out of).

I have an email from their complaints department which states that they will allow me the incentive as the dd cancellation was not my fault. I have paid in the 2 x 1000 and have a dd which is working fine. I have my doubts as to whether this will hold water. I have no confidence left in this dreadful bank.

I am regularly getting letters from their complaints department to say that sadly they have not managed to address my complaint (the one I dont know the content of).

I now need to wait till the 70 days is up (switched 7th November) get ratty with them again if I havent got the incentive money and as soon as I get it, depart.

Never again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport