Boiler Scheme

Options
Would any of you know who Helps to replace Old boilers (25 years ) for Private Tenants?
I was told a while back there was a Grant for disabled tenants But I can not find Any Info Online relating to it .
Do we have anyone on here who works In housing or Cab who maybe would know TIA:o
~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
*Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The grant is run by NIHE it can cover replacement boilers and windows .It appears to be over subscribed .I asked about it at the beginning of this year and still havent receive the application form.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • butterflymum
    Options
    Yeah I looked there 1st

I wasn't to know, as you didn't mention you had.

Do you think there is/was a separate grant for disabled persons? I don't think there was, but could be wrong. Certainly, though, back in 2012, www.disabilityaction.org seemed to be directing people to the income dependant scheme I posted in my original post, which perhaps suggests there wasn't a separate one http://www.disabilityaction.org/news/item/550/new-boiler . They are still carrying this page on their 2017 site.
    butterfly )i(
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have looked a lot of Different places

It seems to be £1500 Towards a new Boiler but if Gas is in your Area it would be Gas
    and you need to have at least 5 years on your Tenacy
    It was someone In passing said about the boiler scheme If you were Disabled
    I will do more research see what I can find out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure