The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    How's everyone doing? Told myself not to 'waste time' posting until I had the job application in. Not quite in yet, only the personal statement left to do though.

Signed up to MSE's credit club and surprisingly credit ratings for both NIM and I aren't awful, his is actually near perfect. However because most of our cards are near limit it's hard to get any more credit. Which I'm only concerned about because in the next week £8k comes off 0%. So looking into that. He does have a card with a £2.5k limit which is empty but we've never managed to get the online log on to work so not ever been able to use it.

End of the month, need to do more invoices and the like. Relieved for pay day too, been in unauthorised overdraft for a few days now.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Happy Saturday!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. We’re going to take a walk down to the fair today and then finally going to the science museum tomorrow :)

How did everyone get on with the September challenge? We got our loan refund so our total has jumped up quite a bit, but it is a mixture of savings / debt repayments so out debt total is still quite high.. if that makes sense?!

Also lostt 4.5lb my first week of SW, hopped on the scales last night (I know that’s a no-no) as I’ve not been feeling like I’ve been paying the plan enough attention with Oscar being poorly, my work schedule being all over and Rich being away with work but I’ve unofficially lost 7lb in total now :)
  • Happy Saturday Cinny!

My September was a disaster but I knew it would be. We were at a wedding in Poland, then I was on a girls weekend in Portugal and in middle of that a big 6th party for DD. Along with the back to school expenses, paying for swimming lessons and gymnastics it was very tight.

This month we have BIL's wedding in Spain, car tax, car insurance, more swimming lesson payments, registration for Beavers for DS and to top it all off - I have to get root canal and a crown.

I am hoping we can start properly in November although the way things are going it will be damage limitation rather than anything. OH was supposed to be getting a bonus in Oct but it is dependant on a product coming back and working, and it is still in packaging so that is not looking hopeful. Whenever (if ever) he gets it I will be paying a chunk off my credit card.

I have my nieces over tonight on a sleepover so apart from swimming lessons that will take over our weekend. Trying to have quiet, money free weekends before the wedding in Spain.
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

I made £120 this month which is more than nothing I guess but not even near to my target. Also lost exactly 4 pounds so happy with that. Aiming to make £100 in October and lose another 4 pounds. Anyone with me?

I am having another date tonight, we are off to a midnight labyrinth stroll outside of the city, they organize it twice yearly with headtorches so looking forward to it. I am getting excited about him but it is a very strange feeling to warm up to someone. We shall see how it will turn out. Mini Kavics will be with the sitter, hopefully she will behave.

Money wise I saved third of my salary this month plus managed to put away an extra £40 for next year's holiday. I could have saved more but was an expensive month with nursery starting.
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Hope all is OK Dinah. good news about your credit ratings being ok, and payday is always a relief!

I made £75 in Sept which i'm quite pleased with. Going to try again for October and aim for £100 too Kavics. I have a few survey sites nearly ready to pay out which will be going in the christmas fund. Almost got enough to cover christmas presents already which i'm pleased about.

I gained weight rather than lost any in September so that didn't go well...

Hope the next date went well Kavics, I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself.

Weekends was nice. Poppy got moved up in swimming so very pleased with herself. They were with their dad Saturday so managed to get a few bits done at home including finding a massive bag of clothes in the loft for Heidi. Some were 18-24 months which is a bit annoying but loads of 2-3 including coat and PJ's which i would have had to shell out for if i hadn't found them.
  • Dinah93
    Debts went the wrong way again last month, despite all our good intentions and working my !!! off. £103.98 worse off. Feeling really disheartened, I never feel like I get a moment's break and I'm not making any progress at all.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Debts went the wrong way again last month, despite all our good intentions and working my !!! off. £103.98 worse off. Feeling really disheartened, I never feel like I get a moment's break and I'm not making any progress at all.

Keep going. At least you didn't add any more to the debt. I feel a bit like that at the moment as we can't seem to catch a break either. This month is root canal and the following month a crown, then Christmas.

Did you get the job application in?
  • Dinah93
    Yes job application in, took about 20 hours in total. Not feeling like I have a shot tbh as my professional membership isn't current.

Did add to the det, £108.98. As I say, feeling majorly disheartened. Bloody insurers still owe us about £3k for things they've damaged or lost, we still have at least £1k left to pay out to get the house finished (or at least with the right number of walls, floors and watertight).

By and large NIM is doing okay with the depression at the moment, but he's struggling with a lot of the outstanding DIY and that's really getting to me as I feel like we're living a half life in amongst the tools while he tries to get it together. Little jobs he's managing, anything that's multi-stage and takes a few hours is just being left.

Been away the last 2 weekends on training, one more to go. Feeling over it now, just want a quiet weekend with the kids.

Weight went reasonably well though, 6lb off in September.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Yes job application in, took about 20 hours in total. Not feeling like I have a shot tbh as my professional membership isn't current.

Did add to the det, £108.98. As I say, feeling majorly disheartened. Bloody insurers still owe us about £3k for things they've damaged or lost, we still have at least £1k left to pay out to get the house finished (or at least with the right number of walls, floors and watertight).

By and large NIM is doing okay with the depression at the moment, but he's struggling with a lot of the outstanding DIY and that's really getting to me as I feel like we're living a half life in amongst the tools while he tries to get it together. Little jobs he's managing, anything that's multi-stage and takes a few hours is just being left.

Been away the last 2 weekends on training, one more to go. Feeling over it now, just want a quiet weekend with the kids.

Weight went reasonably well though, 6lb off in September.

Sorry that didn't read well. What I meant to say was at least you didn't add anymore than what you did to the debt. You sound very down, not like you at all. I'm not surprised - you have been carrying a lot of responsibility for a long time. Would you consider counselling yourself to get it all off your chest?
  • Dinah93
    Not for me, I don't want to talk about it, I just want the finances to be under control. Which is a doing thing rather than a talking thing. I'm just very worn out by trying to do training, asssignments, work, taking care of the kids and the house, I need to stop and see what it's all for really because at the moment it feels like being in a hamster wheel.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family