Ryanair cancelling up to 50 flights a day

Comments

• IAmWales wrote: »
    To keep this in perspective, 97 out of 100 flights are operating as scheduled. Narrow that down to UK originating flights and the figure is closer to 99 out of 100.

But that makes a really boring headline and doesn't give people nearly as much to moan about. Have a great holiday fredandwilma ;)

Thanks IAmWales.

I shall stop watching the news and start packing........:rotfl:

Not everyone who travels with Ryanair is going to Magaluf for a stag party. :D
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    IAmWales wrote: »
    To keep this in perspective, 97 out of 100 flights are operating as scheduled. Narrow that down to UK originating flights and the figure is closer to 99 out of 100...

1 cancellation out of 100 is too many, because too many actual people are seriously affected by cancellations, there's no getting away from this.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    IAmWales wrote: »
    To keep this in perspective, 97 out of 100 flights are operating as scheduled. Narrow that down to UK originating flights and the figure is closer to 99 out of 100.

But that makes a really boring headline and doesn't give people nearly as much to moan about. Have a great holiday fredandwilma ;)

And to keep that in perspective:

"Mr O'Leary said around 400,000 passengers would be directly affected...."

And if O'Leary admits to 400,000 passengers, the true figure probably exceeds that.

400,000 passengers isn't exactly a tiny matter, is it? Particularly if you're one of them.
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    And to keep that in perspective:

"Mr O'Leary said around 400,000 passengers would be directly affected...."

And if O'Leary admits to 400,000 passengers, the true figure probably exceeds that.

400,000 passengers isn't exactly a tiny matter, is it? Particularly if you're one of them.

It is compared to the total number of pax they carry.
  • Doc_N
    It is compared to the total number of pax they carry.

Of course - but 400,000 passengers is still 400,000 passengers, whatever % it is of the total.

A bit like saying that if a million people lost their electricity supply because of gross incompetence by the suppliers it wouldn't really matter because it's only 2% of the total population.
  • Michael O'Leary can afford a smile on his face this morning.
    Monarch's collapse has taken the heat of the Ryanair story who in turn are benefiting for Monarch's woes.
    The company has also completed a long-planned buy-back of shares much earlier than scheduled having taken advantage in the fall in their share price.
    Which this morning is climbing back up again.
    Ker-ching !
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, can anyone clarify something?
    I'm on live chat now.....all Belfast - London flights cancelled for November.
    I've asked to be rebooked on an Easyjet flight but am being told I have to do this myself then claim for any extra charges retrospectively. The original flights were approx. £80, the Easyjet flights will be approx. £259. Ryanair are saying this is too much and they will only cover 3 x the original cost.
    I know its not much of a difference but I'd just like to know whats correct.
    Many thanks for any help.
  • Latest news for investors from Ryanair.

Ryanair's traffic increased by 10pc in September despite airline cancelling thousands of flights
  • Doc_N
    Leothecat wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone clarify something?
    I'm on live chat now.....all Belfast - London flights cancelled for November.
    I've asked to be rebooked on an Easyjet flight but am being told I have to do this myself then claim for any extra charges retrospectively. The original flights were approx. £80, the Easyjet flights will be approx. £259. Ryanair are saying this is too much and they will only cover 3 x the original cost.
    I know its not much of a difference but I'd just like to know whats correct.
    Many thanks for any help.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/Cancellations/Short-haul-cancellations/

The above might help. In theory Ryanair should pay for your flights, but getting the money out of them will almost certainly be difficult. If they'll agree to pay £240 now (which I doubt) I'd take on the basis that a bird in the hand etc etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure