CSA- Going self employed

Comments

• tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    speedster wrote: »
    there is a big difference between women and "wimmin" ;)

if ya get my drift!

lol!! I was a bit slow on the uptake there!:p
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    moggylover wrote: »
    He already had a "family" before the first one. Whatever the reasons for the divorce: he did not divorce his children.

If the PWC cannot afford to be without the CSA money, what is she/he supposed to do until the business either gets of the ground or the NRP gets another job should the business fail?

Personally, I think that if the children you had in your first relationship are to be made to suffer for the children of your second relationship then that is extremely wrong. If they can afford to fulfill their responsibilities to both then they should not be deprived of a family themselves. However, I do not see that this second family and lifestyle choice should reduce the financial liability to the first one.

Perhaps that is down to my age. Certainly it was much harder to walk away and leave your children during my childhood, and those that did found themselves living in vastly reduced financial circumstances (at the hands of the court) in most cases, until their children left school.

You seem to be missing the point.

He has not walked away from his children he has been paying for them up to this point. As I said before he may be losing his job etc we do not know the circumstances, he may see this as the only way forward.

What would you have him do? Possibly carry on in his job and possibly be getting into debt if he is not earning enough money etc. Employers are not exactly crying out for staff are they so probably near on impossible to get better/another job. Maybe become unemployed then both families end up on benefits.

I wish them well with their business, I hope they are very successful
    and earn lots of money so both families can have a secure future.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »

He has not walked away from his children he has been paying for them up to this point. As I said before he may be losing his job etc we do not know the circumstances, he may see this as the only way forward.

What would you have him do? Possibly carry on in his job and possibly be getting into debt if he is not earning enough money etc. Employers are not exactly crying out for staff are they so probably near on impossible to get better/another job. Maybe become unemployed then both families end up on benefits.

Ditto!!! Totally agree with you POPPYOSCAR
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • moggylover
    moggylover Posts: 13,324 Forumite
    I agree with you but I don't see what this has to do with the OP.

I'm sure he would not let his children starve and so what if they end up on benefits for a short while thats what they are there for to support people in times of need. Hopefully he will get his business off the ground and EVERYONE will benefit in the long term.

The Op is asking how they can get around CSA payments is she not? So it does have to do with the Op.

I HOPE that he would not let his children go without for his new life: all too often people do though, so I would struggle with being sure. Yes, benefits are there to support people for a short time: but not because of lifestyle choices, but because there is no other option, imo.

As I said, I think that ideally it would be something that should be discussed as fully with the PWC as it is with the current partner because if I was in his position I would certainly want to put the needs of my children first.

Again, perhaps that is my age, because I have always seen it that once I had children my needs definitely came second to theirs at almost all times, and that will be so until they have left education and providing for themselves.:o

However, I realise that this is not DT, and so I shall stop posting, and wish the Op and her partner good luck with the business, and with sorting out the financial responsibilities.
    "there are some persons in this World who, unable to give better proof of being wise, take a strange delight in showing what they think they have sagaciously read in mankind by uncharitable suspicions of them"
    (Herman Melville)
  • moggylover
    moggylover Posts: 13,324 Forumite

I promise I haven't missed any of the points, and I do see them, I just think I perhaps see them a bit differently (which again might be partly due to my advanced years:().:)
    "there are some persons in this World who, unable to give better proof of being wise, take a strange delight in showing what they think they have sagaciously read in mankind by uncharitable suspicions of them"
    (Herman Melville)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    moggylover wrote: »
    The Op is asking how they can get around CSA payments is she not? So it does have to do with the Op.

I HOPE that he would not let his children go without for his new life: all too often people do though, so I would struggle with being sure. Yes, benefits are there to support people for a short time: but not because of lifestyle choices, but because there is no other option, imo.

As I said, I think that ideally it would be something that should be discussed as fully with the PWC as it is with the current partner because if I was in his position I would certainly want to put the needs of my children first.

Again, perhaps that is my age, because I have always seen it that once I had children my needs definitely came second to theirs at almost all times, and that will be so until they have left education and providing for themselves.:o

However, I realise that this is not DT, and so I shall stop posting, and wish the Op and her partner good luck with the business, and with sorting out the financial responsibilities.

No she is not. She is saying that to begin with they will not be able to pay as much as they have been paying because of starting the business and having no/low income.
  • My god I wish I could live in Moggylovers world. In my world, my ex got pregnant on purpose, I have not been able to live a normal life since we split 15 years ago. 18 months ago i had to pay £180 PER WEEK on my basic take home pay of £360, my rent was £130 per week. I ended up bankrupt. I spent 1 year not having a day off work due to no sick pay, I worked my 4 weeks holiday so I could earn a little more. I went some days with no food. You know nothing of this system. I have always faced my responsibilities, I never missed a child support payment, but why am I not allowed a life, and why should the NRP take sole financial responsibility?
    The company I was working for went bust last year, and I could have got another job, but I chose to go self employed, and now I am slowly getting my life back together because I am no longer an easy touch for the csa gestapo.
  • And 1 more thing, I was paying through a deduction of earnings, the company i was working for took the money from my wages as they were ordered to do, but never passed it on. Guess what, I have to pay it again. That's the law!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    My god I wish I could live in Moggylovers world. In my world, my ex got pregnant on purpose, I have not been able to live a normal life since we split 15 years ago. 18 months ago i had to pay £180 PER WEEK on my basic take home pay of £360, my rent was £130 per week. I ended up bankrupt. I spent 1 year not having a day off work due to no sick pay, I worked my 4 weeks holiday so I could earn a little more. I went some days with no food. You know nothing of this system. I have always faced my responsibilities, I never missed a child support payment, but why am I not allowed a life, and why should the NRP take sole financial responsibility?
    The company I was working for went bust last year, and I could have got another job, but I chose to go self employed, and now I am slowly getting my life back together because I am no longer an easy touch for the csa gestapo.

Wow - thats a lot of money!!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    And 1 more thing, I was paying through a deduction of earnings, the company i was working for took the money from my wages as they were ordered to do, but never passed it on. Guess what, I have to pay it again. That's the law!

I never knew that. Unbelievable!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport