Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Comments

• My order status changed to "Completed" on Monday so hoping to receive the cheque any day now, I think I read somewhere they send them second class so if that's the case it should arrive tomorrow!

FilmVault's one arrived promptly on Saturday.
  • "I wouldnt bother with Music Magpie. I have just sent some DVD's and CD's they gave me pittance and didnt even send me the money for one DVD claiming the cover was ripped. It was a Disney one worth £4 on there. It is a rip off as they dont send the DVD back just keep it.
    Thieves if you ask me."

Their terms seem pretty clear to me. Or did you not read them?

Is the price quoted the price I’ll get?

No, this price could change if any of your CDs, DVDs, or Games fail quality inspection. We charge up to 50p per CD, DVD, or game if it is not in perfect playing condition as a refurbishment fee, and 25p per CD, DVD, or game if the case is broken.

You say my discs are scratched, what happens next?
    We will deduct up to 50p per disc as a refurbishment charge. All discs are non-returnable, and our assessment is final.
    How do I know if one of my CDs, DVDs, or Games is too damaged before I send it to you?
    The best way of checking is to look at the playing surface of the disc. If the disc has a lot of scratches, or one or two deep scratches, then it is unlikely to pass our quality inspection.

Do I get unwanted CDs, DVDs, or Games back?
    No. Due to the high volume of CDs, DVDs, or Games that we receive, we are unable to return any unacceptable discs.
  • Hiya this site was great fab news to start saving however i have a ton of single cd's does anyone know a site or where i can trade these in?? obviously they are all really old.

:j :j :j
  • webpro2009
    webpro2009 Posts: 15 Forumite
    i dont think its worth the hassle, then again if you have literally thousands of them then yeah maybe, but really tho i couldnt be bothered. But on the same token look after pennies and all that lol

Make Money Online
    Careful what you say in here, Pretty much everything is SPAM!
  • cashcoward
    cashcoward Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lynzpower wrote: »
    this is fantastic!

Must be catching - Ohs now rooting through his vinyl collection- another thing VERY heavy to move in constant house moves - to my delight - he has found 2x tidy boxes worth already! Good times! I do not want to have to carry those boxes up any more flights of stairs!
    Hi - I see you say you're looking to dispose of large numbers of vinyl discs. I have a similar problem, my son having moved out and left behind hundreds (maybe thousands) of them. Have you found anyone interested in taking them in bulk?
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Just wondering what titles are fetching the highest prices

Mine so far are

Alexander Oneal - This Thing Called Love £1.24
    The Saw Doctors - If this is rock and roll I want my old job back - £2.25
    Jaki Graham - Breaking away £2.86

Checked the bottom two on Amazon, the Jaki Graham one is priced at £25.00 used!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • jumbojuice
    jumbojuice Posts: 420 Forumite
    not zoverstocks selling it by any chance?! thats the username for musicmagpie when they are selling on their items on amazon.
  • MRSCARNEY
    MRSCARNEY Posts: 207 Forumite
    I received 2 checks from Music Magpie this morning :j

It's taken about a month from when I sent the CD's but they're here at last.
  • emma18181
    emma18181 Posts: 26 Forumite
    I just put a quote together for all the CD's, DVD's and old games I never use and they came back with a valuation of £78. Quite a few to send, however it was just clutter, and they may not pay out as much as they have said (in case of damage) but it's good to have the clear out. Also did 2 phones, £12. So £90 in total.

:j
    DEBT LIST
    Council Tax Arrears:
    [STRIKE]£811.00[/STRIKE] £611.00 Online Catalogue: £1013.00 Court Fees (rent arrears now paid in full): £306.00 Overdraft: [STRIKE]£300.00[/STRIKE] £200.00 Party Planning: [STRIKE]£260.00[/STRIKE] £0.00
    TOTAL: £2130.00

• Had a cheque from them the other day - did take a little while to come but no problems with the service and they paid the full amount. Thumbs up from me. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure