Options
124»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ghjl wrote: »
    So after ringing them asking if they had made a decision they hadnt I received a letter today saying I had to go for an assessment on the 16th April Ill update again once Ive received a descion following the assessment
    Yes, most people have an assessment, it's rare not to. I had a feeling that letter you received wasn't a new decision letter.

Good luck. Dont forget a few days after the assessment you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. It's also useful to have if the Mandatory Reconsideration route is needed.
  • Ghjl
    Ghjl Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Ok thank you I will do that !!!55357;!!!56898;
  • Ghjl
    Options
    So before my review my claim was due to end in December this year as it was only awarded for 2 years once I have been for this assessment and lets say I carry on getting it will I still have to go for another assessment in December (when my claim is ready to end so usually I would put anouer claim in so thry overlapped so there was no gaps in my money if that makes sense) or would they give me a new award date after this assessment it just doesnt make sense to go for one now and then one in November/December time aswell
  • poppy12345
    Options
    So before my review my claim was due to end in December this year as it was only awarded for 2 years once I have been for this assessment and lets say I carry on getting it will I still have to go for another assessment in December (when my claim is ready to end so usually I would put anouer claim in so thry overlapped so there was no gaps in my money if that makes sense) or would they give me a new award date after this assessment it just doesnt make sense to go for one now and then one in November/December time aswell
    If the review is successful you'll have a new award date. If a decision doesn't go in your favour payments will stop 4 weeks after a decision is made. You will not continue to get your money regardless of your current award end date.
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Oh ok thats good then that I would be given a new award date. I will update you on how I got on when I know thanks for all the information and help you have provided over the last new months it has been so helpfull
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Oh ok thats good then that I would be given a new award date. I will update you on how I got on when I know thanks for all the information and help you have provided over the last new months it has been so helpfull
    No problem at all. Good luck!
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Hi so I went for my assessment yesterday if I ring up tomorrow and ask for a copy of the assessors report will they send one out or will it be to early and she said it usually takes 4-6 weeks for a decision is that right it seems a bit long to me and if it does take that long could I not ring up in like 2 weeks if I havent heard anything and ask them if they have made a decision and if they have would they tell me over the phone
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Hi so I went for my assessment yesterday if I ring up tomorrow and ask for a copy of the assessors report will they send one out or will it be to early and she said it usually takes 4-6 weeks for a decision is that right it seems a bit long to me and if it does take that long could I not ring up in like 2 weeks if I havent heard anything and ask them if they have made a decision and if they have would they tell me over the phone
    Tomorrow will be too early as it was only yesterday you had the assessment. I'd leave it till at least the end of the week. They won't send it out to you until they have received both copies back. Some will refuse to send it until after the decision is made, if this happens ring back and try again with the next person you speak to.

There's no timescales to any decision. Some wait a couple of weeks and other wait 6 weeks or more. It depends on backlog in your area. You can ring anytime, if a decision is made they will tell you.
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Ok thank you
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Hi just thought I would update you I rang up today to see if they had sent a cop of the assessors report that I requested nearly 3 weeks ago and they said they only sent it out yesterday but while I was in the phone he told me they had made a decision previously I got standard daily living and enhanced mobility but this time around they have awarded me enhanced on both I am so shocked I was expecting it to stay the same
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure