IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine from Civil Enforcment **HELP**

kayjones83
kayjones83 Posts: 88 Forumite
First Anniversary
Hi all,

Is this a legit company?

Address-Civil Enforcement Ltd Horton House Exchange flags. Liverpool L2 3PF.

I received PCN letter on the 22nd March from stating that I failed to pay & display a parking ticket. I wrote an appeal letter along with proof of purchase of the parking ticket.
I had not heard back from the till yesterday of which I received a final warning letter stating that I have to pay £100.
I managed to get through to the company via phone and the lady stated that they had responded to my appeal via post stating the reason for the fine was because I did not put my registration details into the machine. Just to add, I did not receive that letter. How convenient!

I clearly remember putting in my details , plus the machine would not have issued me a ticket if I hadn't of done so.

I've been doing a lot of research on these dodgy companies and I noticed that forums have advised people not to respond. Should I have done?

What should I do now? :S

HELP!

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Start by reading the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to inform yourself properly and with current advice.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    yes you should have responded , as keeper , which you did do

the problem now is you dont appear to have received their refusal with popla code

so in theory there is a missing letter with a popla code, that code may well have expired

so you may have to go into IGNORE MODE for 6 years unless they issue a court claim using MCOL within the next 6 years
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    Many thanks for your reply.

I'm new to this so a bit unsure what the popla code or the MCOL . What does this all mean? :S

Will they go as far as sending bailiffs round or sending me to court? does this also affect credit ratings?
  • Redx
    edited 16 May 2017 at 5:55PM
    try reading the NEWBIES sticky thread, it contains the acronyms and explanations , as does GOOGLE if you put the acronyms into google

post #2 did tell you to read that thread by the way

do you know if a popla code was issued and if so when did it expire ?

or is it still valid ?

no bailiffs until after you lost in court, and only if you did not pay up promptly

if you pay the court judgment (if you lost) , no CCJ and no effect on credit ratings either

its NOT PAYING a court judgment that results in a live CCJ and possibly bailiffs
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    I will have a look on Google for the acronyms.

I am not sure if a popla code was issued or when it expires.

I have asked for the original letter to be sent to me. The lady informed me that I have to request this in writing...again, how convenient.

Shall I send another appeal letter against the final warning issued to me along with the request for the popla code?
  • Redx
    kayjones83 wrote: »
    Shall I send another appeal letter against the final warning issued to me along with the request for the popla code?

yes , definitely

and also complain to the landholder , in writing , asap , insisting that they cancel this charge
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    Ok, thanks!
    Will do!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Same as here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650574

This will be won by robustly defending their small claim in a couple of months. No hearing, nothing scary.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    Hi,

So you suggest I keep appealing ? When will it stop? What should I add to my appeal letter which will make them want to back off ?
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    Landholder , as in the car park of where I was parked ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure