Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 7th Jun 18, 2:07 AM
    • 2,460Posts
    • 1,134Thanks
    Ben8282
    TSB not updating credit files?
    • 7th Jun 18, 2:07 AM
    TSB not updating credit files? 7th Jun 18 at 2:07 AM
    It looks as if TSB have stopped updating credit files since their problems started.
    Have just checked my Experian report (paid subscription included in packaged bank account) and have noticed that the last updated date for my TSB credit card is 01/04/2018.
Page 1
    • StokieBecks
    • By StokieBecks 7th Jun 18, 7:30 AM
    • 4,623 Posts
    • 28,125 Thanks
    StokieBecks
    • 7th Jun 18, 7:30 AM
    • 7th Jun 18, 7:30 AM
    They arent part if the same group any more but neither of my Lloyds have updated since march on one file but May on another so may just be they aren't reporting to them all. Try all the reference agencies
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 9th Jun 18, 8:46 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 9th Jun 18, 8:46 AM
    • 9th Jun 18, 8:46 AM
    It does seem to appear that that could be the case. My TSB current account hasn't updated since April, on my Experian/Equifax report. March on CallCredit. All other accounts updated in May.

Had a look at some older Experian reports, and the account was updated the same month as all the others.
    • Breadcake
    • By Breadcake 12th Jul 18, 3:18 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Breadcake
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:18 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:18 PM
    Has anyone had their credit files updated by TSB after April?
    I'm in a similar position where Experian and Equifax were last updated in April and CallCredit in March.
    Last edited by Breadcake; 12-07-2018 at 3:21 PM. Reason: apostrophe bug
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 12th Jul 18, 3:46 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:46 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:46 PM
    Nope. Still no update since April.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jul 18, 9:23 PM
    • 58,039 Posts
    • 238,950 Thanks
    beanielou
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:23 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:23 PM
    No update since April for me either.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • cjv
    • By cjv 13th Jul 18, 10:49 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    cjv
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:49 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:49 PM
    Same here. I sent a message to TSB to query it, so should receive a response in about 6 months.
    • Emmel
    • By Emmel 10th Aug 18, 2:26 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Emmel
    • 10th Aug 18, 2:26 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 2:26 PM
    anyone have any response from tsb?
    • leet5
    • By leet5 12th Aug 18, 7:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    leet5
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:34 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:34 PM
    Yes, I got a bog standard, we aim to update within a month blah blah blah !

The lender has advised that :
    TSB are in the process of uploading customers information to all the Credit Reference Agencies however this information can only be uploaded, processed and made available, one month at a time. We are taking the processing of this data very seriously and are working to ensure the customers financial position is accurately reflected and up to date as soon as possible
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 14th Aug 18, 1:33 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    No update since April for any of mine either (all three agencies). Hadn't actually noticed this either so thanks for pointing it out
    • PROLIANT
    • By PROLIANT 15th Aug 18, 7:52 AM
    • 6,045 Posts
    • 5,599 Thanks
    PROLIANT
    April according to all three agencies - great for me as my credit card balance and mahoosive overdraft is not reflected - just in time to clear them down
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
    • Sharne
    • By Sharne 17th Aug 18, 8:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sharne
    Same for me
    I have been in touch with the financial ombudsman as my credit rating took a dip due to them not updating my payments. I also missed card payments as I couldn’t see balance or and even now statements.

They agreed with the ombudsman’s and paid me compensation but not the interest paid nor have they sent me statements in the post or updated my files. Still waiting for an update
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 17th Aug 18, 9:25 AM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Your credit rating wasn't affected since it doesn't exist.

How and where did you miss payments and viewing statements?
    • ermis
    • By ermis 17th Aug 18, 9:45 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ermis
    Good evening all,

I have experienced the same problem. I closed my account in the middle of May and it still shows as active on Equifax and Experian as of today. The last update was in April. Today I logged in the giffgaff Call Credit report and I saw that finally they have reported it as closed on that agency.

In order to achieve that I have tried different things: First I called TSB customer services in the middle of July to try and find if they can do anything manually at their end. They said that I have to go in branch to ask to fill a ''credit file amendment'' form. Before going into the branch I disputed the account information with all three credit reference agencies (Experian, Equifax and Call Credit) because it should show as settled/closed instead of active.

When I went to the branch they knew nothing about this form, but they took my details and driving licence as proof of ID and they told me that they will get back to me. I did that around the end of July. Until yesterday all three credit reference agencies weren't updated.

I called yesterday again TSB services to file a complaint and see if another advisor would know any different way of sorting this out. They told me that I have to write a letter at the following address ( TSB BANK, BOX 1, BRISTOL, BX4 7SB ) by stating my issue and that I want to update my credit file. Also they gave me £64.50 ( £50 for distress, £8 for phone call cost and £6.5 for first class signed for postage).

I haven't sent the letter yet as I saw that call credit has been updated correctly and hopefully they will update experian and equifax too.

I thought of sharing my experience with this issue as others might benefit from doing the same
    Last edited by ermis; 17-08-2018 at 9:48 PM.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 17th Aug 18, 11:01 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 2,454 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Given TSB's recent IT problems, they probably stopped updating CRAs because they weren't confident the data they supplied accurately represent the state of accounts.

I received an email from TSB today. It contains this:

We want to let you know what we're doing to put things right. And to make sure that no customer’s concern goes unrecognised, we also want to give you another opportunity to complain.

We've been working hard to fix things and you can now use our Internet Banking, Mobile App, Telephone Banking and in-branch services for your day-to-day banking and more.

We also made sure that for the March, April and May billing periods, there was no charge for:

• Overdraft fees and interest charges on current accounts
    • Returned item fees

We promise you will not be left out of pocket.

We want to make sure that every customer who has lost money because of our systems upgrade is not left out of pocket. And that anyone who has felt any distress or inconvenience is compensated fairly. So please let us know if you've had any problems and how they affected you.
    It would be adding fuel to the flames to cancel charges, pay compo and say sorry while reporting negative erroneous information to the CRAs.
    • SlovakianGuy
    • By SlovakianGuy 9th Sep 18, 11:16 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    SlovakianGuy
    My last update on Equifax (ClearScore) report is April 2018 and with CallCredit (Noddle) it's May 2018.
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 9th Sep 18, 12:35 PM
    • 2,099 Posts
    • 1,287 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    I closed a TSB credit card aound 3 months ago and it is still showing as open. I phoned to let them know last week and they said they would send it to another team to action.

Strangely enough it says it was updated in July.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 9th Sep 18, 3:24 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    nic_c
    It seems they are aiming to catch up and May and June figures have been added - probably by the next time mu monthly CRA report is out it will be up to date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,151Posts Today

7,568Users online

Martin's Twitter