Energy Supplier thinks I’ve left them

Can anyone help
I recently contacted Green Star Energy as I hadn’t received a bill from them since September and was worried that I would receive a very large one. I was horrified to be told that I had swapped supplier in February, I actually hadn’t as my contracts ended in May and I would have incurred a £60 exit fee if I left early.
Green Star Energy suggested that I rang to find out my current supplier using my MPAN number, I rang the number they gave me and guess what I got an automated message that said my current supplier was Hudson Energy who own Green Star Energy.
I really don’t know what to do know as I seem to be getting free energy but am terrified of getting an enormous bill.
Does anyone have any suggestions please!

Comments

• Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Start by contacting them again, and telling them that you wish to make a formal complaint.

If you still can't get a sensible answer from them, escalate it to the energy ombudsman.

See https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy/raising-a-company-complaint
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Meanwhile, two things:

* read your meter regularly and keepa record

* calculate how much you are spending aproximately, and put that money aside each week/month. That way even if you get a large back-datd bill it won't matter as you'll have the money waiting.
  • minty777
    minty777 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Green star energy have gone from very good customer services and generally being very good all round to being the biggest balls up energy provider there is.I'll be moving when my latest deal ends,hopeless they are absolutely hopeless
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure