NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 February 2018 at 5:19PM
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Same here for my OH, but not mine?
    Her ac is open, her YB switched, test funded & with the £1500 qualifier.. & w/d again.
    I'm just going to shift the remaining £100 or so to avoid it being ransomed for any time...
    Further to the above, I made the withdrawal to minimise balance last night & cancelled a Tesco DD that carried over from her YB switch...

Then today I dug out her passport, scanned it, saved it as a Jpeg, registered her email addy for digidocs, logged in and uploaded the file.. et voila - acceptance & confirmed email in... 2 mins!
    ...took longer to find her passport & I knew where it was!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Further to the above, I made the withdrawal to minimise balance last night & cancelled a Tesco DD that carried over from her YB switch...

Then today I dug out her passport, scanned it, saved it as a Jpeg, registered her email addy for digidocs, logged in and uploaded the file.. et voila - acceptance & confirmed email in... 2 mins!
    ...took longer to find her passport & I knew where it was!

And the irony is.........you're not her.

So much for digidocs and security.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    harz99 wrote: »
    And the irony is.........you're not her.

So much for digidocs and security.

No irony. There is no security requirement that I know of that says you have to personally upload your passport pic. to digidocs.

Who does it for gran? Or blind/disabled/arthritic relative...?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    No irony. There is no security requirement that I know of that says you have to personally upload your passport pic. to digidocs.

Who does it for gran? Or blind/disabled/arthritic relative...?

Er, there is a security and t&c requirement that only the account holder accesses the account! Having someone else access the account is a security breach.

If, as you say, you're logging in, registering for digidocs and uploading id info for your OH's account you are impersonating the account holder.

Who does it for Gran etc? No-one should, unless they have Power of Attorney.

Many people do though, including me and Mrs Zanderwoman for each other now and then, but in full awareness that it is against the bank's t&c!
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    This is the worst account opening experience I have had. Applied for the account and was approved instantly. No request made for ID. No confirmation e-mail. Two days later an e-mail arrives (actually 2 - duplicates) asking me to upload photo ID, so I upload a copy of my passport that has been accepted elsewhere and is perfectly clear. Next day an e-mail arrives saying that the passport is unclear and I need to submit new ID. I upload perfectly clear pictures of my driving licence (why do they need to see the back; all it shows are the categories of vehicle I can drive?). Get an e-mail today (in incorrect English - use of a double negative) saying that the photo is not clear and it doesn't show all of the information. The photo is completely clear and all information is shown! What on earth do I have to do to meet their arbitrary criteria?

Also received a letter yesterday duplicating the e-sign document I had already completed, but showing a different branch than shown online. Phoned customer services who didn't really know why I'd received the letter, and couldn't explain why it showed a different (but still local) branch, but said that I must return it.

I haven't had a NatWest account since I was 10, when I had collected a lovely set of pigs. Having dealt with this nonsense, I won't be sticking around either. What a farce.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ColinFFS wrote: »
    . . . I would switch the account to NatWest but seeing as YB are saying my complaint could take 8 weeks to investigate I will have to move another one. . .
    You can switch your account even if you have an outstanding complaint. Indeed you can start a complaint after an account has been closed.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    starM wrote: »
    Is it ok to switch an RBS account? I couldnt see anything on the terms and conditions.

Don't make the same mistake as me and try to use RBS as a donor account too many times.

I'd successfully opened and switched RBS accounts twice in 2015 to get switching bonuses elsewhere. When I heard of the NatWest offer I opened another RBS Select account to use as a donor account. All went OK and I paid money in and even used the debit card a couple of times.

A week later I applied for a NatWest Select account and opted to switch the RBS account. All seemed to go OK, I received emails confirming the account was open and I downloaded the app, no problems so far. A few days later the debit card arrived. In the same post was a letter from the Application Verification Unit advising me that they'd changed their mind and declined my application and I should ignore the debit card. The next day the PIN no arrived with, in a separate envelope, another copy of the rejection letter that I'd received the previous day, -the only difference being that it was dated one day later.

Two days after this another letter arrived, from RBS this time, to say they'd decided that they didn't want me banking with them any longer and closing my RBS Select account. They also closed my RBS Instant Saver account. I had to visit a branch to get the small amount of money that was in the accounts.

Clearly they'd twigged that I only wanted RBS/NatWest for the switching bonus and nothing else. I know it's my fault for trying the same trick too many times. If only I'd opened a donor account with a different bank it might have worked. :-(
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    This is the worst account opening experience I have had. Applied for the account and was approved instantly. No request made for ID. No confirmation e-mail. Two days later an e-mail arrives (actually 2 - duplicates) asking me to upload photo ID, so I upload a copy of my passport that has been accepted elsewhere and is perfectly clear. Next day an e-mail arrives saying that the passport is unclear and I need to submit new ID. I upload perfectly clear pictures of my driving licence (why do they need to see the back; all it shows are the categories of vehicle I can drive?). Get an e-mail today (in incorrect English - use of a double negative) saying that the photo is not clear and it doesn't show all of the information. The photo is completely clear and all information is shown! What on earth do I have to do to meet their arbitrary criteria?

Also received a letter yesterday duplicating the e-sign document I had already completed, but showing a different branch than shown online. Phoned customer services who didn't really know why I'd received the letter, and couldn't explain why it showed a different (but still local) branch, but said that I must return it.

I haven't had a NatWest account since I was 10, when I had collected a lovely set of pigs. Having dealt with this nonsense, I won't be sticking around either. What a farce.

You are not alone, as even a cursory glance through the 52 :eek: pages of this thread will show.

Just keep that £125 in mind when frustration mounts - as it inevitably will.

If you still have you little piggies, you might even double that;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/natwest-pigs
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ahhh the famous NatWest pigs! My friend's son has a set of these except missing the 5th (and is that the largest?) They are still storing money on his bookshelf- he has long since moved away!

Switching to NatWest is every bit as exciting as the switch to Yorks bank! Hopefully my switch going thro on 9th.
    and yes I remember the mantra :
    earning £125, earning £125......etc
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • badger09 wrote: »
    You are not alone, as even a cursory glance through the 52 :eek: pages of this thread will show.

Just keep that £125 in mind when frustration mounts - as it inevitably will.

If you still have you little piggies, you might even double that;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/natwest-pigs

I hadn't thought about those pigs in years! My brother and I both have full sets somewhere in my parents' loft.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure