Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Sounds like you are both having a lovely time.

If you are happy with the decision you have made about your job then it is the right decision. I do hope things get better soon for you with the head or you find something better x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on enjoying holiday so far. I hope you can find a nicer school. It is such a pain. You are not alone. These idiots exist everywhere.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Well, the holiday is nearly over and we'll be going home later today I think (unless we go back to our old village in Sussex for a night, which DD is reluctant to do, I think she feels the loss of our old lives a lot...)

I've decided to "keep" the £50 I took out of my Marmite jar before we came away, rather than reimburse the jar. After all, what are savings for if not for spending them - and that £50 took us quite a long time to spend on this lovely holiday, so saved my bank balance from taking even more of a beating!

I've bought presents for DD, friends and myself, including a ginormous bottle of shampoo, well over a litre of the stuff! We've been to a couple of really interesting museums and have tickets that will get us back in over the year, good old Gift Aid eh?! and I filled up the car with cheap petrol in Costco, so we can get home without spending a king's ransom in the petrol station.

I've gone over my budget for the month by £62.93 so far....but thank goodness for having savings that I've dipped into! I've got £4.61 in my purse, which I doubt will get me through to payday on Tuesday.
  • savingwannabe
    Glad you had fun and well done in having some money in your purse. Have a good weekend.
  • Kittikins
    Thank you sweetie :)

Well, I raced through £20 today in a matter of moments - a prescription and a new arm for my glasses, both essential! I also had to have a coffee on the way back yesterday and KW took us out for an amazing dinner, but I didn't feel right him paying, especially as we invited him to dine, so have given him £20 towards it.

Ah well, it's only money and as I'm not yet paying rent for our own place.... ;)

Our lovely shed is being put up today, and I'm so excited - might have to go over tomorrow to admire it, if I manage to get all my work done today....
  • Kittikins
    Had a not great night last night, starting having very negative thoughts again :(

Still have some MUST DO work to finish off, but have got more done today than I thought I would, and it's only 3pmish ;)

Wishing my life away.....but hopefully once I get back into the swing of things, I'll be ok.
  • savingwannabe
    I hope tomorrow goes ok. I am feeling the same as you but it is nearly payday which will help. Just think of the nice things you can do in the weekend.
  • Kittikins
    Oh yes, next weekend is mine and KW's anniversary *swoon* I'm thinking that we'll go to lunch at the lovely pub we had our first meal at, in front of the roaring log fire :)

Then, the weekend after that, it's his birthday! DD and I are taking him out to dinner and the theatre the night before, and on the day, if it's not raining, I'm going to suggest a picnic and chilling out at the allotment. I know he'll think it's a great idea.

I've just written my action plan for the subject I lead at school and my first term's review for the governors and am feeling more positive right now. Also feeling starving hungry so might go and have a handful of nuts to keep me going!
  • Kittikins
    Hmmm, I seem to only have £43 exactly in my Marmite jar, I must have taken more out than I thought :( I'm thinking of putting it in KW's terramundi or buying one of those cans from a pound shop that you have to take a tin opener to, to be able to get anything out of it.

Anyway, it's been a NSD today, and will hopefully be again tomorrow, as I've just got school and DD's netball training to do.

Bring on Tuesday, when I get to see my beloved KW :)
  • Kittikins
    First day back was great - I had both classes (thankfully only 39 children) and they were so well-behaved and fun, that it went really well. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but my partner teacher and I have to cover each other's classes when one of us is out, as she was today.

Payday tomorrow - yay! My generous 1% uplift or whatever it's called will be going in, along with £43 (before tax) worth of arrears. I'll be rolling in it (JOKE!!) The extra for this month is going to go either on clearing my credit card for the money I spent whilst away with DD, or going into savings.

Next month, I'll get back my expenses from the training course I went on - ooh and I've got another course coming up this month too, yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure