Life Begins at ... 35?

Comments

• YES EXACTLY! Or even the cheese or the bread (in the amounts I eat). Are you pregnant? I wouldn't have thought two BMI points (for what they're worth!!) are to be quibbled over when you're carrying a baby surely? As long as you're eating healthily?
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    no, sadly not pregnant - but been seeing the obs & gynae for something else and hoping to get pregnant next year. She said it would be good if I could get my weight down a bit since given I'm 38 I don't have time on my side. But my physio said I'm not overweight - I have over developed quads and a fair whack of muscle and she reckons I'm fine - but I have put weight on recently and could do with losing a few pounds (or missing a meal as my father says!)
    I want to be a writer
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Tete did you manage your big organisation session?

There's nothing like a good clean up to make you feel more on it.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i made a list too..
    but i find the best thing to clear my head is,working my finances out ..
    do that first..dont get into debt ..
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • lulabelle wrote: »
    no, sadly not pregnant - but been seeing the obs & gynae for something else and hoping to get pregnant next year. She said it would be good if I could get my weight down a bit since given I'm 38 I don't have time on my side. But my physio said I'm not overweight - I have over developed quads and a fair whack of muscle and she reckons I'm fine - but I have put weight on recently and could do with losing a few pounds (or missing a meal as my father says!)

Ah I see, I'm clueless, I thought 'obs' always meant babies :o If that's the case and it's all muscle then the medics should surely take that into account? You must be so exasperated. Perhaps you should try to grow a few inches to bring the BMI down ;)
  • Good morning! Happy Monday! This is my last week of unemployed "freedom" and I'm determined to make the most of it so that I start work again next week feeling all organised and zen :D

Bob - no I didn't get around to looking through my paperwork last week, that head cold knocked me sideways and I have no idea what I was actually doing most of the time. Wandering about like a zombie I suppose :o

Prosaver, you're absolutely right and working out my finances is deffo near the top of my list. I'm trapped in the house today waiting for my new mattress to come so I'm going to quickly whizz round the living room and kitchen as both are desperate for a clean and tidy then after lunch I'll be able to spread out all my unopened post, etc. and make some sense of it in an ordered environment. I'll report back later!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Enjoy your time this week Tete :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Good morning! I've been quiet on here but busy IRL. I had my new mattress delivered on Monday and it is lush :D so much so that I slept til 9.20 this morning and only awoke when the cat started vomming outside my bedroom door. I recently went from having really sheer curtains in my bedroom to blackout ones and I just sleep in all the time - need to start setting my alarm so work next week isn't too much of a shock.

I've been working on downstairs this week - my living room is totally clean and gorgeous and I've been sorting the kitchen ready to paint it. I've been using the kitchen table as my 'office' for about a year and it was piled high with paperwork relating to the house, car, Dad's death, old teaching materials, current teaching materials for two different courses, run club committee stuff, and to-do lists galore. I've gone through all of it and made one big new to-do list. It's the halloween event at running tonight and I'll need to start getting ready in about four hours, so realistically what I want to do today is:

- Respond to electoral register thing
    - Email Dad's car ins
    - Email Dad's union
    - Order cable for laptop for Spanish class
    - Check bank balances
    - Do piggybanking
    - Order new bank cards x2
    - Apply for Santander 123
    - Create outgoings spreadsheet
    - Check all outgoings - what am I paying for? Can it be reduced?
    - Buy home ins
    - Order more pills for cat
    - Send bank details to Spanish boss
    - Paypal payments to friends for bookings
    - Send engagement card and remaining holiday postcards :o
    - Sort extension cable in bedroom
    - Meter reading
    - Leave ebay feedback
    - Order 2017 diary
    - Sort through charity bags for anything worth ebaying

I think that'll keep me busy enough.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Missed your diaries, Tete! Always love the way you write, and your epic lists.

You have had a truly horrible few years, but how positive you always sound for the future is amazing.

I've got to say I thought you looked amazing on your holiday photos, wouldn't have thought you wanted to lose any weight!
  • Aw thanks Cinny. I always worry how my online 'voice' comes across so that's made me happy :D

Well I've been beavering away and this is where I'm at:
    [STRIKE]- Respond to electoral register thing
    - Email Dad's car ins
    - Email Dad's union
    - Order cable for laptop for Spanish class
    - Check bank balances
    - Do piggybanking
    - Order new bank cards x2[/STRIKE]
    - Apply for Santander 123
    - Create outgoings spreadsheet
    - Check all outgoings - what am I paying for? Can it be reduced?
    - Buy home ins

[STRIKE]- Order more pills for cat
    - Send bank details to Spanish boss
    - Paypal payments to friends for bookings[/STRIKE]
    - Send engagement card and remaining holiday postcards :o
    - Sort extension cable in bedroom

[STRIKE]- Meter reading
    - Leave ebay feedback
    - Order 2017 diary[/STRIKE]
    - Sort through charity bags for anything worth ebaying

I had to phone dad's car insurance people in the end and they asked me to send a copy of the death cert to their head office - I don't know whether that's because I'm eligible for a refund of the last year's insurance (from the date he died) but I enclosed my bank details just in case ;)

I emailed the union just to have him taken off the mailing list and to my surprise they got back to me and said there is a payment made to next of kin and to send the death certificate to them asap. So that's good but completely unexpected.

Bank balances are looking OK and I've done my piggybanking up to the end of the year so I don't have to worry about that. Other little bitty jobs are done and I'm going to do the extension cable now and hope to get the cards written tonight and posted first thing, just some of the meatier financial stuff to roll over to tomorrow.

I input my meter readings and my monthly bill is £106 for gas and elec - but I have no idea if that's high/low/ridiculous? I live alone in a two bedroom semi built in the 50s with GCH and electric shower. ?? I need to do Martin's new compare and switch thingy I know.

Anyway, off to get into my Halloween outfit :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family